forged internals

i wouldn't mind having one pre built but i would take more pride doing it myself for a lot less

Clevete are like stock ones. Go with ACL Engine Bearing.

My Build I have is:
K1 long rods, Wiseco 8.8 to 1 Pistons (.020 overbore)
Cometic Multi Layer Steel Head Gasket ( forget what size i used i can find out if you want)
ARP Head Studs
ARP Main Studs

Thats about it for the bottom end. I got the Head redone with new seals and a 3 angle valve job (its really all you need) Got all new water and oil pumps and anything else I could replace to make it a 100% new motor. I sourced out the Machine shop though Sam. He has the machine shop install the crank/rods/ect for me so its a built block and i just had to install the head and what not. It went easy. He only has 1 set of the 8.8:1 Long rod/ piston combo's left lol

And Honestly 3,300 is WAY more then what I paid for LOL. And people who say K1 rods are weaker. Yes they are. But i don't plan on going above 400 HP in a PROTEGE. lol

Last edited:
If u wanna match his build check out my forged goodies for sell. Great deal, I paid more then I am selling them for and they are brand new. I'm local to sam and could easily bring it to him to assemble. U won't find this setup for cheaper and I have one of the only coated piston sets left. It's actually a tad better then outlaws :) I don't think his pistons are coated.

Last edited:
does anyone know if the k1 rod is rated for 400horse at the crank or at the wheels?

Well I would think it is at the crank since the rods don't care how much power you are putting to the wheels.

does anyone know if the k1 rod is rated for 400horse at the crank or at the wheels?

They will be fine. There are other weak points to attend to well before 400 hp. People are blowing built transmissions on the mid 300's. I say that's the sweet spot for these cars anyways, 300-350hp, good suspension setup, LSD, good tune on standalone= one he'll of a ride.

yea huge numbers would be awesome but i think i would end up pissed off all the time from breaking things haha. 350whp would definitely be a crazy fun DD.

I sent an email to sam a while back and he said that k1 rods are not rated at 400hp. It is stated on his site that they can easily support 400 hp simply because that is more than what the stock transmission can handle anyway. I also sent an email to K1 Technologies asking the same thing, and they said they can support more than that as well.

Spiced MSP thanks for the info man! that put my worries to rest because i am going to be using the k1 rods.

Lol $4000? Pauter rods are the s***, but they cost twice as much as the K1's. Thanks for posting that link though, I had no idea they were made in titanium now and that weight savings would definitely be worthwhile.

Where the hell are you getting those numbers? Straight from the website...

Cost/$US

$860.00 for a set of 4

$1290.00 for a set of 6

Back