FMIC MAF relocation. Necessary?

sbkillz

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
So I've installedy my FMIC, changed the vacuum lines to the brake booster line (BPV & BOV) running dual setup with BPV and BOV but I wanna keep my CAI. I'm running into hesitation, stalling and idleing problems. Do I really have to relocate my MAF or can I do something else to fix these problems?

I'm not using anything for engine management. My msp was stock. I just added the FMIC and kept my bpv with my bov. So should I just move my MAF from my CAI to the cold pipe under the BOV?

my car ran like a bat outta hell after i relocated mine!! If i were u id move it, its not hard at all an worth it

If I move my MAF can I still keep my CAI or do I have to take out the pipe that leads into the fender?

You can put a short piece of pipe in place of the MAF, but honestly the CAI doesn't do much if anything with a turbo setup. The intercooler is there for a reason.

Cold air intake hels air flow to the turbo. Faster spool up but you will have to tune for more air

It's going to solve your problem if you do relocate it.

Sounds good. I'll relocate it as soon as I can find some coupler reducers. With the FMIC is Short Ram Intake the way to go or can I stick with CAI.

like hornsfan said it doesnt make a diffrence the point of a CAI is the air draw is further away from the engine and much cooler air. cold air travels faster (effective in a NA motor)
turbo though... the Cold air coming in is just going to be heated by the burning hot turbo then that air is pushed to the intercooler to be cooled before making its way into the engine...

long story short since u already have a CAI just keep using it then you dont have to spend more money to do the same thing :)

I personally have a short ram, and it my personal opinion, the CAI isn't necessary because of the intercooler.

Ok so I relocated my MAF. But when I drive my msp I feel like the exhaust is congested or something. It doesn't speed all the way up. Then u here a sound of sputters of air from the muffler. Should I go 2.5 in exhaust all the way through to open it up?

Unplug the battery and touch the terminals together or tap the brakes a couple times then let it sit for about 15-30 mins.

Back