Florida Mazda Meet !!

due to hurricane damage to Hillsborough State Park...meet has been postponed...i will update as soon as I can confirm a date..may need a new location

I was wondering about that. That is not-so-bad- news for me, as I missed work because of Jeanne, and would not get enough pay to make it down. Just keep me posted. I am working on the whole cashflow thing, now that I got a job. Let me know when we do the meet, and will go from there!

Well I was hoping for a few weeks...I cant make the 10th. Ill either be in the booth (I still havent got my junk painted (eyeballs) ) or Ill be in GA hunting.

Maybe someday....(hi)

I will not be able to make it on the 10th. My wife is flying in from Maine on Sat to visit and I have to supervise/grade an Army ROTC function on Sun.

all participating this starts at 12 at Hillsborough state park ..please bring your stuff and please show

sorry to hear that man, but i am not surprised. florida people are too lazy to drive and tampa/orlando people are not into hanging out and making this happen at all. believe me, i have been in the protege scene for 3 years. sorry it didn't work out for you. our club couldn't come up after just coming back from NC/TN/GA drive. I didn't want to organize another drive and mostly nothing gets done down here unless I organize it. plus, honestly, I don't think we will ever go to another tampa or orlando area meet since all of the central florida people dissed us when we organized and hosted a picnic for them down here back in february.

We might hold a picnic in north Palm beach the first or second week of november. This is a club only picnic and no other people/cars/clubs are invited. but you are welcome to come if you want and if the picnic still happens.

TampaSport20 said:
you guys SUCK...I WILL NOT PLAN THIS AGAIN..absolutely NO ONE showed!!!!
Precicely the reason I no longer try to organize meets or events. People say they will show and then never do.

hey rider, you still selling your car? i would hate to see you go, you have been one of the most involved members of the protege community in florida. but i guess the time comes when a car no longer has that appeal and you want to move on to something else, right? i want to get a mustang gt but i still love my car. can't picture myself getting rid of it.

it be interesting to see if the meet on the 23 happens...

im sorry but it is a tuff time right for alot of people. Ive spent way to much money with 3 hurricanes.

I agree that our scene so to speak sucks and i drive all over the damn place, but you picked a hell of a weekend for me, ive gotten like no sleep and infact i just got home... I dont mean to rain on your parade but the new date was hardly discussed. I think its tuff as well being a state that takes tons of time to get anywhere in... and honestly i think all the meets should be in ocala its a pretty centrel area for everthing and even quaterly meets would be nice.

TampaSport20 said:
you guys SUCK...I WILL NOT PLAN THIS AGAIN..absolutely NO ONE showed!!!!
Sorry man but it was planned for a specific weekend for a month, cancelled due to the hurricane, then not even discussed and planned for another weekend that people couldnt make.

A reschedule should be just that...rescheduled, not just "hey well do it on this date."

But I do know how you feel. I spent months planning a big ass weekend long camp and ride a few yrs ago for 4 wheeling. Out of the 75 or so that said theyd be there 10 trucks showed up due to the bad weather that weekend. I spent nites and weekends for 2 months and who knows how much $$ tearing my truck down and redoing almost all of it to make the ride too. Had I known only 10 would show, I wouldnt have bothered spending $60 in gas to drive 100 miles round trip. (shocked) Atleast I got all the stuff done to my truck that I wanted to at that time.

And for the record, I did say I couldnt make it. (wiggle)

dam dude sorry, I was planning on the first date. Got off of work and everything. Wasn't till that Friday that I read it was canceled. I didn't even hear about the new date till about 30 seconds ago. Sorry...

I appreciate those who posted and cancelled..But I had over 30 confirms and mostly from this board...I had like 2 or 3 cancels..NOT EVEN 1 person showed !!....I spent over $100.00 out of my pocket to get this together...I wont do it again...If anyone wants to get a meet together,let me know and I'll try and show,but I'm not going to organize another one

yea I didnt even know it had been rescheduled until saturday....I think that was the big factor why nobody showed...nobody knew about the reschedule....after 3 hurricanes most of us were spending the hurricaneless weekend repairing our homes...but i do feel ya and I know it sucks....

just for the record, i wasn't planning on coming but i knew it was rescheduled. :)
i mean, yo get all the replies in the mail so you don't even have to check back to see what is going on, just check the email.

Back