Firmware 70.00.367A

Mazda does NOT want anyone but dealers doing updates.

That's unfortunate, isn't it? Even Toyota has an easy-to-update system with downloadable files that are easy to find and select-- see Toyota Downloads for example. A well-designed infotainment system would have built-in integrity checks to allow the update process to proceed safely. Mazda's way, with its bizarre update procedure and dependence on precise timing, is asking for trouble... and pissed-off customers.

well you cant expect a lot - its cheap mmc card with a customized linux from 2011, built by johnson controls. Whoever from Jci designed the failsafe also screwed big time..so its no surprise Mazda wants dealers to do it. One can easily brick the cmu if not following instructions.

Lets not forget Mazda is the smallest of all japanese manufacturers and they dont sell as much as Toyota. So Mazda can invest only as much and they decided to invest in other important areas like engine, handling, quality of interior, e5c vs the infotainment.

The good part is that this is all changing..so things should get better from here for the future models.

I'm brand new to all this, and just trying to figure it out. I'm currently on version 59. What do they mean by "prepared USB stick?" I didn't see where they told me how to prepare a USB drive for this. Does the flash drive have to of certain capacity?

"prepared USB stick" just means a USB flash drive with the update file on it.

If you need to format the flash drive beforehand, make sure you choose the File System as "FAT32", rather than 'NTFS' or 'EXT2', or anything else.

If this is your first time doing this, use the detailed instructions, NOT the 1-page version that I uploaded.

For starters the firmwares are not publicly and freely available from Mazda. vs other brands where anybody can downlowd and update freely.

Well .367 failed me today. Drove for 30 min. with it working fine. Got out for an 1 hr. appointment and went to start the CX-5 and got "unable to load Sirius XM". I drove to get gas and figured that shutting off would be good. When I started up Sirius acted like I was a new customer and went to Ch.1. I tried my favorite buttons with Sirius channels and they worked! Not sure what the next step with Mazda will be, I will call my dealer tomorrow!!

**I just found out that a Service Alert from Mazda has been issued for 2019 - 2020 Mazda's equipped with Sirius XM. It is Service Alert No. SA-047/19. It covers the reboots and unable to Connect to Sirius XM radio problems.**

Attachments

• Service Alert SA-047-19.pdf
    535.8 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Well .367 failed me today. Drove for 30 min. with it working fine. Got out for an 1 hr. appointment and went to start the CX-5 and got "unable to load Sirius XM". I drove to get gas and figured that shutting off would be good. When I started up Sirius acted like I was a new customer and went to Ch.1. I tried my favorite buttons with Sirius channels and they worked! Not sure what the next step with Mazda will be, I will call my dealer tomorrow!!
I saw these Sirius errors for the first time this morning on my CX-9 after a stop.

When I told my Mazda service dept. about the alert they couldn't find it. So the fix for SA-047/19 was to just update the firmware, is there fix service alert sheet out there to see what the fix was. Well it didn't fix my 2019 CX-5 GT/PP. There has to be more to this problem then just a firmware update!! I really sounds like a loose connection in the system.

When I told my Mazda service dept. about the alert they couldn't find it. So the fix for SA-047/19 was to just update the firmware, is there fix service alert sheet out there to see what the fix was. Well it didn't fix my 2019 CX-5 GT/PP. There has to be more to this problem then just a firmware update!! I really sounds like a loose connection in the system.

have you read the other threads about the SD card? If you have the new firmware which has worked for a number of owners, I'd say go down the path of the SD card:

and this resource:

That interesting. I was looking for the answers to Service Alert No. SA-047/19 that addresses the Sirius XM problems. I noticed that SA-047/19 wasn't in the list of that TSB.

I will try the SD Nav card removal for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I am still driving without the SD NAV card installed and no problems. If this is the cause of the Sirius XM problem what will be the fix, replace the SD card holder or make a special SD card. The only other thing is why would it not be happening all the time if its the contacts on the card, it has happened in warm weather and cold weather *20 .

... If this is the cause of the Sirius XM problem what will be the fix, replace the SD card holder or make a special SD card. The only other thing is why would it not be happening all the time if its the contacts on the card, it has happened in warm weather and cold weather *20 .
Have you read this resource?

Back