Finally working : FIC

fic 8

i have installed the fic 8 and am having some problems. I have a 1000ohm 1 watt resister between the signal and ground on the MAF, but every time i put the max clamp below 5.87 the car wont start. when it does the AFRs are very inconsistant on my wideband and even go up into the 16 and 17 range when i am accelerating. any suggestions. running brand new copper NGK R plugs. and it is also misfiring. can anyone that has it working load a picture of their system setup window so I can see. also i have a resistor on the o2 bank wire that AEM told me to put in anyone else running that as well? any help would be appreciated. AFRs are sometimes at 10 when idiling not sure whats wrong

i have installed the fic 8 and am having some problems. I have a 1000ohm 1 watt resister between the signal and ground on the MAF, but every time i put the max clamp below 5.87 the car wont start. when it does the AFRs are very inconsistant on my wideband and even go up into the 16 and 17 range when i am accelerating. any suggestions. running brand new copper NGK R plugs. and it is also misfiring. can anyone that has it working load a picture of their system setup window so I can see. also i have a resistor on the o2 bank wire that AEM told me to put in anyone else running that as well? any help would be appreciated. AFRs are sometimes at 10 when idiling not sure whats wrong

Did you read that model that it worked with? 1910-30

okay got a quick note:

when using resistors use 1 watt. the 1/2 watt worked untill i started tuning over 18psi. spent some time on the phone with aem tech and figured it out. have a tune at 20psi and a street tune at 24psi and she pulls like a freight train. it made 336hp at 24psi. holset turbos are the way to go and cheap too!

Oh goodie! I can't wait to get my turbo in and tuned!!!
Holset, like Cummins diesels? What relative sized turbo would it be? T3/T4?

yeah they are off 5.9l cummins motors in dodges. the one i have is a h1c holset. it is more or less a t3/t4 with a higher cfm flow to it. the turbos to get are the holset hx35. they make them in a w series witch is the better one for under 25psi. they run a standard t3 flange and i think the company that make dif exhaust housings for them is bullseye. you can get all dif ar sizes for them.

also the rebuild kits for them are cheap as well. did alot of research on holset. my roomate is running 38psi on the same h1c i have and it is still in its range of operation and not in hair dryer mode.

Everything installed just need the exacts for the cam and crank sensor pinout from Ecu to Fic.
Thanks!

Back