Finally paid off the CX9-need to treat her to something, any ideas?

sbmrinaldi

:
07 CX9 Grand Touring FWD
I planned on having the car paid off before the clock read 30k, but due to losing my job of almost 10 years and then relocating my family across country I am up to 47k. Paid the car off this morning and although it is about 8 months later than I wanted it is done.

Now I am hoping to treat it to something. I just washed it and it is about due for me to change the oil and clean the air filter, but wondering what to do. Thankfully I installed Clear Bra when new so the front still is 100% free of rock chips. I did find a place that paints wheels any color you want and it is reasonable. Actually the guy is in my driveway touching up a wheel on my other car. I was debating on having the Mazda wheels sprayed a darker color, like gunmetal gray. I think that may look nice on the Copper Red. Any suggestions other than enjoy not having a payment?

Welcome to the I own my cx-9 free & clear club!! p.s. - if you ever find paint to match our wheel color, please let me know cuz Mazda won't publish it and I've got a couple rock dings on the wheels. Ideas: Get the SAT installation/integration done if you have nav already, HID fog conversion for 36 bucks, new brakes, new tires, updated nav dvd, splurge on car care liquids, then drive the snot out of it & bring it back all dirty so that you can clean it.

Thanks. Well it is almost always cleaned and detailed. I have used Zaino since new and regularly clay bar and use an orbital twice a year to minimize any paint swirls. I don't have Navi and just put 2 new tires on and plan on getting the other 2 replaced this week. Brakes are still good at 47k (although I would think needing replacement soon), but what is the HID conversion for $36?

I normally pay my cars off early too, but given my zero percent interest rate, I don't feel the urge right now. That being said, it is a great feeling not having a car payment!!

Well I just financed another car for me. I had company cars in the past but the new company I am starting with gives a car allowance. I hated to not put any funds down on the used car I bought, but even used rates are cheap at 1.9-2.49. I hope to expedite payoff on that car but as you stated there is no real urgency even at my new rate.

So this will convert my foglights to HID? I have Xenon headlights, but guess the fog lights on the GT are still standard? Do these really make a difference? If so, it would be a great upgrade. My wife comes home late through the desert and there are always critters crossing the road; coyote, etc. In the midwest we had to contend with deer and now more coyote, mountain lions, etc.

Yeah. I have been seeing alot of cars on the road recently with both xenon headlights AND fog lights and I knew it couldn't be factory but wasn't sure what was the deal, as surely all these folks aren't shelling out hundreds of bucks for xenon fogs...and it turns out that these fog light conversion kits include the ballasts/modules/bulbs/everything that is needed for dirt cheap. Not sure how it is that cheap (China most likely).

Latest posts

Back