2010 CX-9 How to make cigarette lighter port turn off with car?

:
2010 CX-9 FWD Touring
I have a 2010 CX-9. I have the bose radio with screen for backup camera on it. The bluetooth is no longer compatible with modern phones, so I purchased this device that plugs into AUX 3.5mm audio port and gets power from a USB cigarette lighter port adapter next to it.

However, it seems the cigarette lighter port under the arm rest is always powered on, so even when the car is off our phones remain paired to it, sending music and notifications/etc. to the powered off car :(

On a volkswagen golf we have this behavior is configurable - the fuse block locations for the two cigarette lighter ports are special in that they accept normal fuses but the socket has three legs - in one position if you connect the fuse it turns on/off with ignition, if you move the fuse over one pin then you configure the port to stay on all the time. How does this work on my CX-9?

You would have to rewire the circuit, changing it from constant power to ignition power. Or use the dash "cigarette" plug; it is ignition hot.

Latest posts

Back