Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
brake auto hold
pano roof
tire pressure display instead of a dummy light when a tire is low
high res backup and 360 cam

Pano roof
touchless - rear lift gate
high res back up cam / 360 cam (did you guys see bmw? my goodness!!)

never experienced auto brake hold, but that looks like a pretty good option to have.

I'm pretty much happy with what is offered right now on the signature especially the addition of the ventilated seats and auto fold mirrors

I'm picking up my 2019 Sig on Friday but I haven't seen the 360 camera quality yet. I see a lot of complaints but just how bad is it?

I'm driving a 2016 BMW 340i the camera resolution isn't the best. I drove my friend's new 2018 X3 m40i which has IMO one of the best 360 camera system. I also drove a rental Infiniti QX70 and its 360 camera was awful in low light. You just can't see anything when you need it the most.

From what I've seen from the youtube reviews the CX9 cameras are somewhat on par or little worse than the one in 340i. If that's the case it should be pretty usable? I guess I'll find out this Friday.

Having lived with my 2019 for a couple of months now, I'd ask for the following:
Pano sunroof
Auto-Down mirrors (when putting the car in reverse)
Different material to replace Piano Black (difficult to keep clean)
Better resolution on camera
Wireless Carplay

That's it. Even those complaints are minor, this is a truly great car. Kudos to the engineers and designers at Mazda for nailing this..

first,
you lucky dog you congrats!...post pics when you get your 2019 sig,
also the backup camera isn't the worst, definitely usable.
Please write some impressions of the car when you pick it up.

I'm picking up my 2019 Sig on Friday but I haven't seen the 360 camera quality yet. I see a lot of complaints but just how bad is it?

I'm driving a 2016 BMW 340i the camera resolution isn't the best. I drove my friend's new 2018 X3 m40i which has IMO one of the best 360 camera system. I also drove a rental Infiniti QX70 and its 360 camera was awful in low light. You just can't see anything when you need it the most.

From what I've seen from the youtube reviews the CX9 cameras are somewhat on par or little worse than the one in 340i. If that's the case it should be pretty usable? I guess I'll find out this Friday.

One absolutely useless but cool-to-have feature I'd like to have is an electronic tilt/telescoping steering wheel with memory that behaves like the wheel on my old 2008 Lexus IS250. When you turn the ignition off, the wheel automatically tilts all the way up and retracts all the way back to make it easier to exit and enter the car. When you turn the car on, the steering wheel returns to the driving position. Useless to me as I have no issues with getting in/out of my CX-9, but still cool to have and see in action.

I really hate auto-down side mirrors. Mom's X3 had them and they were annoying as heck. When the electrical issues started, the side mirrors were the first to go (they would tilt down in reverse, but never stop tilting down), followed by the pano roof motor and a CEL that wouldn't go away.

I want a rear liftgate that goes all the way up so I don't keep banging my head on it!
I have finally gotten used to manually pushing it up all the way (usually) but I shouldn't have to do that. Just make the electric motor do it's job!

Memory mirrors and steering wheel would be great. Both my wife and I drive the CX-9 regularly and either need to find a sorta-happy medium or keep adjusting things.

I also would like more handy storage areas, especially for phones.

isn't the rear lift gate height adjustable?
i'm sure it is...but if you have it adjusted all the way and still hits you, you're one tall dude!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U-bmI4CWDE

I want a rear liftgate that goes all the way up so I don't keep banging my head on it!
I have finally gotten used to manually pushing it up all the way (usually) but I shouldn't have to do that. Just make the electric motor do it's job!

I really hate auto-down side mirrors. Mom's X3 had them and they were annoying as heck. When the electrical issues started, the side mirrors were the first to go (they would tilt down in reverse, but never stop tilting down), followed by the pano roof motor and a CEL that wouldn't go away.

auto side mirrors were cool on the bmw's when i had it, but you can turn off the feature by sliding the mirror switch to the right side...or it could be the left side, but either way you can turn it off.

isn't the rear lift gate height adjustable?
i'm sure it is...but if you have it adjusted all the way and still hits you, you're one tall dude!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U-bmI4CWDE

I've adjusted the height to make sure it's a high as it will go, but after that's done it can still be pushed upwards 6" or so by hand. I'm 5'11", so not all that tall, and at the upper automatic limit it still hits my head. Once pushed all the way up it's okay.

I happened to park next to an earlier model today and noticed that the rear of my '19 was noticeably lower. I wonder if this was part of the suspension adjustment referenced for the '19 model? My '19 has less of a rake angle, it appears more level. If so, I suppose this may make the opened hatch lower on the '19 than earlier models.

Last edited:
Interesting
both are listed at the height of 69" to the sharkfin
but you could be right.

I've adjusted the height to make sure it's a high as it will go, but after that's done it can still be pushed upwards 6" or so by hand. I'm 5'11", so not all that tall, and at the upper automatic limit it still hits my head. Once pushed all the way up it's okay.

I happened to park next to an earlier model today and noticed that the rear of my '19 was noticeably lower. I wonder if this was part of the suspension adjustment referenced for the '19 model? My '19 has less of a rake angle, it appears more level. If so, I suppose this may make the opened hatch lower on the '19 than earlier models.

really want:
better heat & a/c
better wiper blades
hands-free unlocking of entire vehicle when approaching with key
higher opening height for rear liftgate
high resolution back-up camera with better night visibility
memory mirrors

nice to have:
individual tire pressure display
touchless rear liftgate
auto-down mirrors when in reverse
wireless CP/AA

Interesting
both are listed at the height of 69" to the sharkfin
but you could be right.

I'm 5'11" (71") and the spec height is 69". I suppose it makes sense that I would bump my head.

Do others who are close to 6' not have this problem?

Last edited:
auto side mirrors were cool on the bmw's when i had it, but you can turn off the feature by sliding the mirror switch to the right side...or it could be the left side, but either way you can turn it off.

I guess that was another one of the electrical gremlins. No matter what position the switch was in, I couldn't turn the feature off.

This reminds me of another improvement Mazda could make. Instead of pushing the button on the handle to unlock, integrate a touch-sensitive pad on the back of the handle so that it unlocks as you grab the handle.

What, no one wanting a k-cup machine, microwave, mini-fridge, or built-in clap-on/clap-off water dispenser to round out their conveniences this fine Thanksgiving? I am shocked! Doesn't anyone have any imagination?

In the true spirit of the holiday (and Mazda ownership) I'm making Turbo Turducken. I have it wrapped in foil, roasting on top of my 16-valve 4-cylinder SKYACTIV-G21 2.5T DPT DOHC w/VVT, all while tooling around the countryside in Sport mode. What more do you really need? Cheers!

and Happy Thanksgiving!

really want:
better heat & a/c
better wiper blades
higher opening height for rear liftgate
high resolution back-up camera with better night visibility
memory mirrors

nice to have:
individual tire pressure display
touchless rear liftgate
auto-down mirrors when in reverse