Fearless = GREATEST MARTIAL ARTS FILM EVER

cable43

Contributor
:
::P5::
Fearless = GREATEST MARTIAL ARTS FILM EVER???

Watch it (the unrated version) and you will agree.

fearless.gif

fearless

This is Jet Li's last film and the fact that it in based on true people and events just ads to the perfection of the film.

You owe it to yourself to see this film.

Last edited:
Fearless is NOT Jet Li's last movie it is only his last Martial Arts Epic movie, meaning where he plays roles as in Once Upon a Time series and Fearless. As for it being the best...I dont know, the story was good and I liked how it was a true story but, when movies come out saying from Director, Producer of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" I am not impressed due to the unrealistic jumps, kicks, and flying. To date the best martial arts movies would have to be by Tony Jaa, "Ong Bak: Thai Warror" and "The Protector" the stories are not great, but the action is top notch.

AODfan said:
Fearless is NOT Jet Li's last movie it is only his last Martial Arts Epic movie, meaning where he plays roles as in Once Upon a Time series and Fearless. As for it being the best...I don't know, the story was good and I liked how it was a true story but, when movies come out saying from Director, Producer of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" I am not impressed due to the unrealistic jumps, kicks, and flying. To date the best martial arts movies would have to be by Tony Jaa, "Ong Bak: Thai Warror" and "The Protector" the stories are not great, but the action is top notch.

hence my point.
the action is great as is the story.
All martial arts films by there very nature are "unrealistic" that's why they are movies.

I own Ong Bok and The Protector, they are two of my favorites(my comments in another thread) but Fearless is a film that deals with the root and heart of wushu and the morals that it embodies.

The Protector is about a family that has an elephant stolen and searches far and wide retrieve it, from a crime boss.

The Warrior is about a family that has an statue stolen and searches far and wide retrieve it, from a crime boss.

I'm sorry but to compare the two movies against Fearless........

then someone please tell me what is a better combonation of action and story/plot.
I have a pretty decent collection of my own and have seen a good amount in my day and I can't think of one.

Watched Fearless the other day, and it was a very well made film. I like it......im not a huge Martial Arts film kinda guy, so i cant comment on it being the greatest film. I havent seen any of the other movies you guys have mentioned.

Saw this in Korea about a year ago. I thought it was excellent, one of the best films he has done.

Yeah I hated Unleashed...and Some martial arts nuts friends made me sit through this one...

It was the one and only martial arts "epic" I ever enjoyed...Real or not, and although the fighting at times was over the top...the Fight between Hao (sp?) and Master Chin was absolutely great...and the fact that there are so many different fights in it...

One thing though is that these types of films almost always look amazing, similar to Hero...the landscapes and just the shots in general...The use of color and all that artsy s*** your could say about it....It looked really good in my opinion...at times the digital effects are not very convincing, but they are few throughout anyway...add too a simple to follow subtitled dialogue and tons of people beating the piss out of each other...and I would recommend it to anyone...

Last edited:
A very good movie, but definitely not the greatest martial arts film ever. My personal favorite would be Master of the Flying Guillitine, which was a sick film.

mixmaster_matt said:
A very good movie, but definitely not the greatest martial arts film ever. My personal favorite would be Master of the Flying Guillitine, which was a sick film.

MOTFG.jpg

Great movie!
Without question it is a true classic. There are even elements of Fearless that are clearly influenced by Master of the Flying Guillotine. But The overall plot and moral depiction of wushu and it's impact on a society don't compare.

agin I know everyone has there "favorites" but Fearlless is on it's own level.

Last edited:
Back