Factory Cold Air Intake Released Today

jhowey

:
MazdaSpeed 3
Just recieved a dealer email from mazda stating that now we can order factory cold air intake that comes with a 12 month/12000 mile warrenty
Part number is GRMS-8M-L30, With a MSRP of 335.00 and a dealer net cost of 218.00

jhowey said:
Just recieved a dealer email from mazda stating that now we can order factory cold air intake that comes with a 12 month/12000 mile warrenty
Part number is GRMS-8M-L30, With a MSRP of 335.00 and a dealer net cost of 218.00

Yup, pretty much a rebranded AEM.

sweet... hopefully mazda starts copying the scion movement...

jhowey said:
How does this "factory" unit compare with the after market ones? Cost more? Since it comes from Mazda does it mean we'll have no trouble with warranty issues? How do I go about getting on this email list of mods from Mazda?

I dont know if you can get on that list, I work at a Mazda Dealership, and from everything mazda is saying you will retain your warrenty, but the intake itself only has a 1 year 12000 mile warrenty

zsk said:
How does this "factory" unit compare with the after market ones? Cost more? Since it comes from Mazda does it mean we'll have no trouble with warranty issues? How do I go about getting on this email list of mods from Mazda?

I believe the warranty only covers parts. The intake is coded red (I think thats the right color) which means that if you suck up water, your screwed. And it shouldn't affect the warranty but you probably need it installed by the dealer.

In the old speed catalog the intake was coded orange, which is no warrenty and potentially voids the factory warrenty. This new part number they have for the release is coded green.

gunther mazda (when will i learn to NOT go to their parts counter...) wants $335 for it

i rofl'ed

Well, it's about time! I've gone to the Mazda Dealer on several occasions to see what they could purchase and install to keep my warranty. I don't believe I'll worry about the intake though since the install is <45 min and putting everything back stock is less then that for warranty purposes.

But yes you are correct, 300 for an intake is bull.

I work at a dealer, and i would be willing to sell it cheap + shipping if I have anyone interested

I've got some Simotas in stock--Twin Charger CAIs and Carbon Fiber SRIs, both a steal price-wise--so far everyone's been very happy with them.

(Sorry, I didn't mean to thread-jack!)

RHAGEL said:
I believe the warranty only covers parts. The intake is coded red (I think thats the right color) which means that if you suck up water, your screwed. And it shouldn't affect the warranty but you probably need it installed by the dealer.

If you had a problem with the engine after a SAI or CAI, could you reinstall the stock intake without the dealership knowing about it?

Lord Ikon said:
If you had a problem with the engine after a SAI or CAI, could you reinstall the stock intake without the dealership knowing about it?

Yes you can, I just recently did :)

Zano said:
Yes you can, I just recently did :)

Thought so, just didn't know if they had a way to detect stuff like that. Looks like I'll be putting in a SAI soon.

Back