F*** TireDiscounters!

Mounty

:
03 MP5
So here's the story.

Background: My right front tire (Toyo FZ4) has been leaking air for about a month (checked and put more in every 10 days or so). I have a new Proxes4 on the Right Rear (when I blew that tire a year ago, FZ4 was being discontinued, so i could only get Prixes4, as I was told), the left sides are on FZ4. The right fornt is more worn than the others because I can't rotate it since for some reason the overall diameter of the Proxes4 is a litter bigger and if I put that up front, it throws off the alignment. The tire sizes are 205/45/16.

So I have been thinking about replacing the other 3 tires to match the Proxes4 for a while and when I started to have to refill more and more often, I decided to do it. No... I had a family feud over this stupid tire issue and ended up taking the car to tireDiscounter on Kenwood to have it looked at.

They wanted me to leave the car, so I did and called me 2 hours later to pick it up. I went and they said "No charge" since they just cleaned the "corrosion" off the edge of the rim, reseal and remount. I thought "Ok, Thanks." Drove home, didn't think too much about it. They didn't give me any receipt (big mistake) and tried to sell me some Eibach spring meanwhile.

4 days later over the weekend, I washed the car and noticed a bunch of Scratches on that rim. I thought it was dirt and tired to wash it off, NO! ALL FIVE SPOKES are scratched! There isn't much I could do. Another week passed by and I had a flat at school on that same F***ing tire! Mind you, I had to check the tire pressure since I knew it was leaking, but never a flat on the road. The spare has been on that wheel ever since, and I have been driving my friend's truck for now.

I'll post pictures if anyone is interested later on. Bottom line, apart from scratching the hell out of my rim, TireDiscounter didn't even fix the leak. I am buying 3 new tires, and maybe a rim (I am living a horror Ebay story at the moment regarding this. Will post detail if anyone is interested)

Latest posts

Back