Extended Warranty Pays Off

P5LawnMan

Contributor
:
2003 protege 5
Bought the extended warranty , knew I was going to keep the P5 for a lot of miles. Two weeks ago car starts missing , take it to the dealer , says #4 cylinder is bad , there was a recall but I don't fall in the vin# range. But wait I have the extended warranty , Ended up with all new top end , total cost $2800 , charged $50 deductable. So at 74,444 miles I hope the P5 is good to go. Frank:)

Odd that there was a recall about your problem and your number wasn't one that was covered.. but at least you had it covered under warranty...

Since we bought the p5 used, last month...I've received about peices of junkmail, trying to get me to buy an extended warranty.

None of them are from the place which I bought the car!

no s*** the help.
I just replaced a engine in a 04 dodge cummins,a $14,000.the guy had it for 3 months,and it was 6,000 out of his normal warrenty.
one lucky b**** for having the extended warrenty.

Yeah, last week the ignigtion switch went on my car last week, but didnt have the money for the labor,parts,etc. But wait I have an extended warranty. definatey was a life saver. and just the week before I was regret buying the warranty.

iLisa said:
Odd that there was a recall about your problem and your number wasn't one that was covered.. but at least you had it covered under warranty...

I had this happen to me with a Ford. From a guy on the inside I learned that they should have recalled the whole year, because you can never be sure which parts ended up in which cars, but management went by build date to get most of the affected cars and save money. Same could be the case here.

On warranties, they're like any other insurance. They won't pay off in most cases. But they definitely limit downside risk. I didn't buy one for my wife's PT Cruiser, and just spent $1700 to fix the transmission. Lost that bet.

dude my tranny problem is solved.... ROCK ON EXTENDED WARRANTY....ROCK THE ''F'' ON!!!! I wish i would have remembered I had one sooner, I wasted a pair of good underoos thinking about the dollars it was going to cost.

P5LawnMan said:
Bought the extended warranty , knew I was going to keep the P5 for a lot of miles. Two weeks ago car starts missing , take it to the dealer , says #4 cylinder is bad , there was a recall but I don't fall in the vin# range. But wait I have the extended warranty , Ended up with all new top end , total cost $2800 , charged $50 deductable. So at 74,444 miles I hope the P5 is good to go. Frank:)

quick buy a lottery ticket!!(shocked)

Latest posts

Back