exhaust leak?

evilmonkeyMSP

Scrotie McBoogerBalls
Contributor
:
'13 CWP MS3 & '16 Mazda6 GT
so I am now noticing what sounds like vibration coming from the mid section of my Corksport exhaust at idle. It doesnt really look like its moving around all that much but i will be installing kartboy hangers this weekend. The thing is that I'm not sure if this might be an exhaust leak. Is this the typical sound of an exhaust leak? Anyone else have this issue?

fkmitsu said:
so I am now noticing what sounds like vibration coming from the mid section of my Corksport exhaust at idle. It doesnt really look like its moving around all that much but i will be installing kartboy hangers this weekend. The thing is that I'm not sure if this might be an exhaust leak. Is this the typical sound of an exhaust leak? Anyone else have this issue?

If you have a short shifter, check the space between it and the cat (that happens to be exactly under it). You wouldn't be the first to have that issue.

Just wondering, you used the exhaust springs to bolt the j-pipe to the start of the corksport right? I suggest jacking the car up wth it started and feeling under and around all the flanges.

i have the corksport exhaust too. mine bolts started to come loose and i had a leak too.
just go and tighten them down again.
mine came loose in the midpipe, right in the center of the car

yes i did

Drumfreak said:
Just wondering, you used the exhaust springs to bolt the j-pipe to the start of the corksport right? I suggest jacking the car up wth it started and feeling under and around all the flanges.

I will give it a whirl...this is exactly where im getting it too. i hope its just loose & not cracked..

Paul said:
i have the corksport exhaust too. mine bolts started to come loose and i had a leak too.
just go and tighten them down again.
mine came loose in the midpipe, right in the center of the car

so when you found your leak did it sound like a low hum/rumble? just want to make sure...i can kind of hear it also when decelerating.

well I took a look at it last night & the bolts are not loose...it must be a crack. this weekend I'll have to take the midpipe out & check it. This won't have any adverse affect on my car will it?

not if u take it out and then reinstall it no.
you'll be fine as long as u fine the leak. did u check all the bolts?

yeah but nada...

so if i cant find it asap what affect will it have?

Last edited:
It shouldn't have any ill effects unless it's before either of the O2 sensors and is big enough tp alter their signals.

you'll be fine if you have a leak. i drove around for a week with a leak straight off the exhaust turbine. gas mileage kinda sucked though....

anyone watch the video?

its my first time actually posting a video I made so i wanna make sure it works right

Back