Engine mounts

J.P.

:
09 Mazda 5 GT, '88 GTX
Does anyone have a pic of a good set of stock engine mounts off the car (side view). I know my front mount is shot, but the side mount (timing belt side) looks like it might be gone too.
I was also wondering if anyone with the AWR (or any other kind) mounts replaced/reused the damper on the side of the front mount. Is that piece necessary?
The reason is because I am getting clunking from the front end on rough, uneven pavement. I thought it was the sway bar bushings, but they seem to be okay.

The car is a 2001 LX 2.0 w/automatic

Thanks for any help, JP.

i have'nt had any problems with the side mounts (even with a lot of drag racing) it is mostly the front one that i have problems with

The front one has definitely had the biscuit, the car has 180 000 km on it with very hard daily use. I was hoping to find a good picture of a side mount since I could not find a shot of one in a manual. It looks like it is separating, but if it is, it would be a clean tear right across the top of the mount.
What about the damper on the front mount? I am not sure if it is on the manual or just the auto, but it is also looking kinda rough on mine. The boot on the little link arm is torn at one end. I popped it off today, and it does not seem to make any difference.

- JP.

i believe my side mount over my tranny has been shot for the past 10k miles. i have a front AWR in and that solved 95% of the banging i was getting from the side mount. i Kooldino possibly making me some inserts for the side mounts?

my front mount was pretty much shot at around 35K.....seems like they started to go after i had my CM clutch and fidanza flywheel installed at 30K....

the front AWR mount makes the engine lash a lot less and helps with the wheel-hop......

My front has been fine. The side mount by the timing belt tore.

I replaced the front and rear with the AWR mounts and the side mount with the one from the Mazdaspeed Protege (stiffer ruuber) and haven't had a problem since.

Back