Engine mount upgrade

That's a pretty awesome part. I wonder if it actually does anything. I just got my GTspec trunk cage today. Installing tomorrow most likely.

I hate to sound like a complete noob but other then reducing vibrations and wheel hop are there any other benefits of actually getting engine mounts if your stock ones are fine?

You might notice a slight increase in low end torque since the stiffer motor mounts are not absorbing as much inertia as stock ones do.

And aftermarket mounts DO NOT reduce vibrations. They add to them.

If you drove a car with an upgraded mount or two you would know why people do it. The stock ones are "fine" but there is always room for improvement. The rear motor mounts go bad rather quickly and they are a bad design so I upgraded mine. Since our cars are really meant to be grocery getters and family cars they have a lot of stuff on them that can be improved by going aftermarket. Stiffer mounts make shifts more crisp and they reduce motor movement which also makes acceleration feel stronger and helps to eliminate wheel hop. You can't say whether it's worth it or not until you try it. Some people like them and some people don't.

Sounds good to me. How difficult are they to instal? do you have to support the engine at all or will the other mounts hold it up enough to swap them out?

With the rear one you don't have to support the engine. The other mounts hold it fine. You just have to push it up a little to get the holes lined up for the mount.

I used to have protege5 and it had a similar issue with motor mounts. It problem was more of the front mount and wheel hop. A good aftermarket mount will introduce slight vibration at idle, but will eliminate wheel hop and allow you to put the power down. This will make the car more lively since your not wasting power off the line, make shifting crisp, and restore a little mpg.

Understand that for daily driving a lower number bushing is recommended (usually ~60). My front motor mount bushing did die after 5-6 years, but it was urethane instead of rubber. Front what I have read and noticed design wise, the CP-e rear mount appears to be the best. It uses stiff rubber than oem, fill out the mount completely unlike oem, but because it is rubber it should handle the heat better than urethane bushing of other aftermarket units.

I have a trz dogbone rear motor mount installed. It's rough and it makes the car vibrate but it also made shifts more crisp and helped with the lack of torque while accelerating from a stop. The factory mount has a lot of flex to it and it absorbs some of your torque.

If ratles or vibrations bother you at all leave your mounts alone. The mazda3 WILL vibrate quite a bit with stiffer mounts installed.

Can i ask you where you bought them ? do you have a link ?

No problem man. What part of Italy are you in? My brother is studying Architecture at Temple University's campus in Rome.

Hey guys, I'm looking at upgrading my mount as well, its got a lot of miles on it, and it is just time. I cant decide between the TRZ Dogbone, and the Awr mount. I also can't figure out if I should get the street or race, I don't race, except for the occasional stop light drag, but other than that, its just my DD. Whats do you guys think? End Thread jack. Sorry!

Definitely get the street version of either one. Race will have a LOT of vibrations.

Which one would be a better call? The TRZ is on sale for $99.99 right now, and the AWR is still $89.99. Should I shell out the extra $10 foe the TRZ? Is it any better than the AWR? I don't actually know how to install this either, I can do it, but I just dont know what the procedure is. IT seems pretty straight forward, as in remove the old one, and replace it with this one. Could you guys link me to a How-To?

I like my TRZ. It vibrates more than AWR from what I have heard. Installation is easy as pie. I am sure there is a how to on here somewhere.

Which one would be a better call? The TRZ is on sale for $99.99 right now, and the AWR is still $89.99. Should I shell out the extra $10 foe the TRZ? Is it any better than the AWR? I don't actually know how to install this either, I can do it, but I just dont know what the procedure is. IT seems pretty straight forward, as in remove the old one, and replace it with this one. Could you guys link me to a How-To?

Here you go:

http://krystmsgarage.com/?p=156

Hello guys, I just have a question on the transmission mount since it hasn't been mentioned in this thread. I got a 04 2.0 3 and I want to buy an upgraded transmission mount, one that is pretty much stronger than the OEM and will last longer. Im not a racer, I just daily drive my car to work but at the same time I want it to perform better and make it fun to drive, not that it isn't already. Would you guys be able to tell me what transmission mount would be perfect for my situation? and also, is it safe to say that the majority of the MS3 parts are exchangeable with a regular 3? Since most sites sell for the MS3. Sorry for being a complete noob at this, is my first Mazda and I come from the VW scene, completely different world......Thanks for any info you can give me.

Back