Engine Build Questions

MSpeedFreak03

:
2003 MSP
i blew the motor in my MSP and now im building it thanks to protege garage helping me with questions and such... but instead of bombarding ken with questions i will ask forum members!

im getting forged internals 9:1 and keeping the stock turbo for now list of other bolt ons to come with the build:

thunder or steed speed exhaust mani, SMIC hardpipes, 626 intake manifold, forge MS bypass valve

now question is should i go UNICHIP for safety reasons or SS AFC. i know the pro and cons to each from the advertisement thrown out, i want the real down low on each to be a reliable daily driver and not blow my engine need advice!

Build the internals, ditch the SMIC for a FMIC instead.. and definitely get a SS AFC to improve the bad stock tune.

i blew the motor in my MSP and now im building it thanks to protege garage helping me with questions and such... but instead of bombarding ken with questions i will ask forum members!

doesn't bother me whatsoever

im getting forged internals 9:1 and keeping the stock turbo for now list of other bolt ons to come with the build:

thunder or steed speed exhaust mani, SMIC hardpipes, 626 intake manifold, forge MS bypass valve

now question is should i go UNICHIP for safety reasons or SS AFC. i know the pro and cons to each from the advertisement thrown out, i want the real down low on each to be a reliable daily driver and not blow my engine need advice!

if you are going forged, you might as well consider a good front mount intercooler kit and bypass the SMIC / pipes route altogether. i prefer the AFC because it is user tunable and has more range, i feel, over the unichip.

hey thanks ken i appreciate everthing... well i guess i will go with the CS FMIC then...

dose the SS AFC come with a base safety map so i dont destroy the new engine?

should i go ahead and try to budget in for an AEM UGE as well for tunning... i will probably be running the stock t25 until i goes byebye?

and another thing ken, if i get the corksport FMIC dose it have a BOV flange on it or dose it work with the stock bypass... will the forge MS BOV bolt up to the CS FMIC?

i can order it with whatever BOV flange you like. if you order with the stock flange the Forge will work great.

hey ken just sent PM... i think the legg work is almost complete and want your final oponion on the parts list i have compiled... and again thanks to ken for all his GOD knowledge, all hail the protege garage GOD!!!!!

Sounds like you've made some great choices for your car, and went to the right person help make those choices, good luck on the build, and post some dyno numbers and pics.

Actually the t25 is a rather decent turbo, and has more then enough power to get most jobs done. With the right tuning and supporting mods, you'll do great with the T25, be sure to weld that LSD though. It would suck to take all that precautions with the EMS and forging just to get stranded because of the LSD

Actually the t25 is a rather decent turbo, and has more then enough power to get most jobs done. With the right tuning and supporting mods, you'll do great with the T25, be sure to weld that LSD though. It would suck to take all that precautions with the EMS and forging just to get stranded because of the LSD

+1 im in the process of building mines too.. so yea be sure to get that LSD welded.

LSD welded... im just going to get a better LSD when i rebuild the tranny after my tax return... i will also be doing coilovers and rims and tires in the next 6 months!

i trying to figure things out, i feel like im going to be waisting my money on this car because no-one can crank the power i am looking for in this car... i figured it wasnt going to cost more than 6k to do it man was i wrong... i need a gt28rs to get her to 300+whp?

i really would not try to get 300 whp on the T25. honestly that is way outside the efficiency range of the stock T25. if you go with a GT2554 or GT28RS, you'll be in so much better shape to make that number and make it efficiently.

wow thanks ken theres more money down the drain... man i thought this wasnt going to that big of an endevor. now i have figured out why everyone has moved on to better platforms

Back