Electric Sliding Doors

Awesome! My wife would be jealus of those doors. Can you post up an interior shot of the extra seat?

what is the 6 + 1 configuration?

G

You can have a middle seat in the 2nd row.

2011-mazda5-mpv-seats-view.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the photo. Is that seat easily installed/removed? If so, thats a super convenient option!

Would like to know if the body on the USDM MZ5 has the hard points to accomodate the shoulder belt for the 6th rider. Anyone pull the headliner yet?

The 7th seat back folds down as an armrest for the 2nd row outboard seats, and (when folded down) can also be tipped to the side to allow passage to the 3rd row, thought it's a tight (impossible?!) fit. The seat base flips out of and stores into the outboard seat, similar to the storage tray option in NA-spec 5's. It is a 3-pt belt for the 7th seat ("karakuri" in Mazda-speak), which comes down from the roof, though I can't figure out exactly how - it must have two clips, one on either side of the seat base. Maybe the OP can post a picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXuT4rDq3TY

And the electric doors are cool, though I do have to say I'm impressed so far with how easy the doors are to use. My 3-year old has no problem open and closing them.

Would like to know if the body on the USDM MZ5 has the hard points to accomodate the shoulder belt for the 6th rider. Anyone pull the headliner yet?

Maybe dieseldriver has a pic (nothing in his dynamat thread) that would confirm... I'd imagine they are there. Retrofit (to OEM spec) would require a new headliner, though.

That looks sweeeeet!! I'd be very interested in retrofitting it into my 2012 Touring (if it did not cost an arm and a leg!). Any information on if it is available aftermarket?

G

Back