Eibach ProKit & Koni Yellows...

chief_wiggum

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3-2010 Mazda5 GT
A couple additional pics;

rearqrter.jpg

profilet.jpg

Looks real nice.

Do you have any adjustability height-wise? How is the ride?

no adjustment on height with the springs, the koni struts/shocks are adjustable. Overall the ride isn't bad..it's definitely bouncier than stock, though far from what I call 'cut spring civic bouncy'. I've got the koni's on 1/2 turn of max firm, i may go full firm on the fronts since you can adjust them while on the car. I'm enjoying the ride so far and the handling has improved -- i hope to autocross in about 2 weeks.

hey Chief, Thats the setup im looking to do, and I got MGM also. Anyways im at 35k a little over 3yrs and I can tell my back is bouncy and I can easily bounce it with my hand on the rear quarter panel, but hevent seen any leaks yet. Please put up and update at about 500 and 1k miles. Thanks

Did you try adjusting the damping MS3Zoom24?

If you think you have a bad damper I'd give Koni NA a call there is a good chance that they will take care of you.

so any pluses or minuses in your opinion yet chief?

After an afternoon of autocross yesterday, i don't regret this setup for one second. Day to day, i set the Koni's up front to full soft and the ride isn't that much different than stock. I wish you could adjust the rear shocks on the car, but alas, you can not. I was afraid I might have regrets based on a harsh ride -- but that is definitely not the case!

Last edited:
I originally wanted to go with the Koni/Pro-Kit setup but I'm just worried about noting being able to adjust the ride height to where I want it.

Yeah. It's a shame you can't add threaded sleeves of some kind to the Konis.

After an afternoon of autocross yesterday, i don't regret this setup for one second. Day to day, i set the Koni's up front to full soft and the ride isn't that much different than stock. I wish you could adjust the rear shocks on the car, but alas, you can not. I was afraid I might have regrets based on a harsh ride -- but that is definitely not the case!

i was hoping I could make the feel be somewhat stockish and not too harsh, for the family and then turn it up a bit in the front and have a blast. I mostly do spirited fun drives and other than that I honestly is my everyday school, work, grocery getter. I thought about the FSDs but I want to lower it.

Can you describe and diffs how the eibach are progressive or can you not tell?

So both of my rear shocks are now blown so I needed to move on something and just went forward with the Konis. Stock springs to start then I'll upgrade to the pro-kit.

Back