Eibach Pro-spacers

I've seen other brands of spacers like these. Camber will not be affected, but it will put more stress on the wheel studs and bearings. There is more info if you do a search for "wheel spacers". This one comes to mind:

http://www.msprotege.com/vbb300/showthread.php?t=93836&highlight=wheel+spacers

ProFiver said:
hey i jus saw these Eibach Pro-Spacers in modified mag.
http://www.eibach.com/cgi-bin/start.exe/eibach/index.html

has anyone ever used them? do you need to fix the camber after installing these suckers? what about uneven tread wear?

wouldnt it be the same with wider wheels. im a little tired so i might be missing something when i picture this in my head.

With a wider wheel, I think it would end up being more centered (and at least it would be all one piece).

DE31 said:
wouldnt it be the same with wider wheels. im a little tired so i might be missing something when i picture this in my head.

The wheel spacer essentially changes the offset of the wheel you are using it with.
If you use them with stock rims you will essentially push the centerlineof the wheels out. This will put more stress on the wheel studs, bearings and also the rubber bushings in the suspension components. The bigger the wheel spacer, the more effect. Also, torque steer will increase as will squirminess under braking due to the increased track width and subsequent deflection in suspension components.

You are changing the axis that the rubber tire rotates around when the wheel is turned. It is technically called the "scrub radius". The car is set up with a specific scrub radius geometry and departure from that will cause adverse effects. This is why there is talk of getting the correct offset in a rim. (it's not just because people will "rub" when they "slam it").

If you use a wider wheel it doesn'y necessarily make any difference. What makes the difference is the offset you use. you can have a 9" wide wheel with the correct offset and the scrub radius will be zero (disregard that suspension components may be in the way with this example).

Spacers are used to "fix" a rim's offset. If the rim is made with too much offset the spacer is used to push it back to where it should be. If money was not an issue you'd just have the rim made with that specific offset and not bother with spacers.

OK I have the 25mm H&R spacers on front and back. I got them from Ben at Horsepowerfreaks. I did it for aesthetic reasons. I had to roll the rear fenders some to avoid rubbing when turning hard around corners. Stock rims and tire size, Eibach Pro-kit drop. I LOVE how it looks once you bring the wheel out to the fender more. I don't think it has had any adverse affects on the suspension. I'm sure that other people here know lots more about it than I do.

can you take some pics?

on a side note whenever i picture you for some reason i picture the guy in your avatar. unless thats really you then im not really laughing here...

DE31 said:
can you take some pics?

on a side note whenever i picture you for some reason i picture the guy in your avatar. unless thats really you then im not really laughing here...

I need to take some pix.
I don't rub right now, but I probably would with passengers.

That's Lou Piniella, former Yankee player and coach, and later the coach of the Tampa Devil Rays
http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlibrary/ballplayers/P/Piniella_Lou.stm
He gets a little fired up.

Search the boards, others have spacers on their P5. I've thought about this as well and can say from seeing them on Dan's P5 it really makes the appearance factor that much better. Points can be taken from all sides. In terms of longevity and maybe a bit of safety, Nomad is correct. But my contention is that if you simply drive your car around town, then maybe spacers would infact be ok to use. Has anyone seen any other chronological research?

can some1 explain to me, please, what "rolling fenders" entails?

Rolling fenders = baseball bat to bend fender lip/edge
They also make real tools to do this. Basically, when you need to add clearance you just use force to bend it.
1. Thanks, Josh!
2. Funny that Ken is the next post cuz I just talked to him about helpin' me out with taking the sedan pro-kit off and getting a P5 pro-kit to replace it!
Ugh...there's a lot to do on my little wagon that could.

i just rolled my fenders a few days ago. I'll be glad to post up some pics later on in the day when i have access to a camera. I used a wooden bat and just wedged it in there.

Basically all you do is lift up on the fender so you can fit the bat between the fender and the tire. Then you just slowly drive the car either forward or backward while someone guides the bat. The Tire will pull the bat the right way and roll the fenders automatically. :)

What a difference an inch can make

Check out how great the wheels look when they are flush with the fender.
(ricer)

Attachments

• wheel w spacers.jpg
    wheel w spacers.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 225
  • wheel w spacers flush.jpg
    wheel w spacers flush.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 207
*Edit: Thanks aMaff, feel free to delete this post if possible.

Last edited:
Back