Eibach Pro-Kit: Subtle, Clean Drop

Been seeing a lot of suspension/coilover posts lately, so here it is.

Went with the Eibach Pro-Kit just for its limited 1" drop and excellent ride quality. All in all, very pleased with this.

Not sure any US distributor had these stateside, ended up getting them from the UK with expensive shipping :(

Now, question is: should I go for the 20" PIAA tuner wheel upgrade or stick with the 19s?

Befo Pro-Kit
cx-5_side.jpg

After Pro-Kit
IMG_20141125_125913.jpg

IMG_20141125_125820.jpg

I would be interested to hear as well... since the majority (that have suspension mods) are running H&R springs.

I think he means ride quality difference versus stock springs.

Looks good btw.

The ride now is marginally tauter, more so on sharp turns.

It's very OEM-like in the straights with added stability in the turns, thanks to the springs' progressive rate. Very content and would recommend to whomever is looking for a minimal drop.

Would like to eventually match these to some high-end Koni or Bilstein Sport struts. Waiting...

The ride now is marginally tauter, more so on sharp turns.

It's very OEM-like in the straights with added stability in the turns, thanks to the springs' progressive rate. Very content and would recommend to whomever is looking for a minimal drop.

Awesome, thanks for that feedback BoneKrusher. I want to do a subtle drop on my '16 GT without destroying the ride quality as the car is used as our family car, so I think the Eibach Pro-Kit will be the way to go. It is available locally here in Australia too.

I also want to replace the standard 19" wheels with a set of 20s, so hopefully the ride quality won't be too terrible by the time I've finished with it, otherwise my wife is not going to be too happy with me haha

Is yours the 2.0L or 2.5L petrol model? Mine is the 2.5, but the springs seems to have been designed for the 2.0, so I was just curious to know if there would be any issues with the additional weight.

Did you by chance measure the actual drop you got? Your pics look like it was more than 1". (Unless you're on larger than stock tires which give a larger rolling radius?)

Last edited:
Those tyres definitely look larger than standard, but you can see the relative drop between the first and last pics. It has a much more planted look in the after shots.

I went with 255/50-19s, so yes, they're a notch taller - and way wider :)

The drop ended up being a frank 1" and the pic below was pre drop.

piaa_on_veh.jpg

What model CX-5 is yours BoneKrusher? I have a 2016 GT 2.5 AWD, so I just want to get an idea of the weight difference as I plan on using the same springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks for that feedback BoneKrusher. I want to do a subtle drop on my '16 GT without destroying the ride quality as the car is used as our family car, so I think the Eibach Pro-Kit will be the way to go. It is available locally here in Australia too.

I also want to replace the standard 19" wheels with a set of 20s, so hopefully the ride quality won't be too terrible by the time I've finished with it, otherwise my wife is not going to be too happy with me haha

Is yours the 2.0L or 2.5L petrol model? Mine is the 2.5, but the springs seems to have been designed for the 2.0, so I was just curious to know if there would be any issues with the additional weight.

I`ve got the set-up 20 x 8.5 J and 245/45/20 with the Eibach Pro Kit.................In april 2015 I`m going to change my winterwheels with the summer-set, even the Eibach Pro Kit is gonna be installed. I`ll make some pictures then to see the difference............

gt,
I have the 2.5 FWD. The Eibach's were for the 2.0 and I don't believe there is significant weight differences that will affect the ride. I you have AWD, Eibach does make springs for the 2.0 AWD, so you may want to consider those.

(cheers)

gt,
I have the 2.5 FWD. The Eibach's were for the 2.0 and I don't believe there is significant weight differences that will affect the ride. I you have AWD, Eibach does make springs for the 2.0 AWD, so you may want to consider those.

(cheers)

There are only two part numbers for the Eibach Pro Kit springs:

- [E10-55-014-01-22]: 2.0 / 2.0 AWD
- [E10-55-014-02-22]: 2.2 D / 2.2 D AWD

Since mine is the 2.5 AWD, it would have a bit more weight over the back wheels compared with your FWD, and a bit more weight over the front wheels compared with the 2.0 that the springs were originally designed for. Additionally, the 2016 model is heavier in general due to increased sound deadening.

I guess that just means it would sit slightly lower, but I hope there are no adverse effects on ride / handling. I'll probably still go ahead and order them, since I'm only looking for a subtle drop and they seem to be the best fit for my needs.

I`ve got the set-up 20 x 8.5 J and 245/45/20 with the Eibach Pro Kit.................In april 2015 I`m going to change my winterwheels with the summer-set, even the Eibach Pro Kit is gonna be installed. I`ll make some pictures then to see the difference............

What has been your impression of ride quality on the Eibachs compared with the stock springs?

What has been your impression of ride quality on the Eibachs compared with the stock springs?

Like I said , april 2015 I know it, I`ll place her my expectations on the ride compared with the stock-springs !!! (hi)

I have the pro-kit on my '01 Lexus RX300 and the difference was more confidence in the turns, slightly (5%) stiffer on the straights. Later added wheels/tires with 20" and handles like my '07 X5.

Still wondering why Eibach is not making the NA version available, I would prefer it and possibly Sportline version for 3" drop like corksport.
My choice would be to add 20" to the CX5 since i don't see much improvement with the 19s with a fat sidewall. BTW, the 22s are beautiful but too attractive for thieves since i dont a have a functional garage.

Back