Edmunds.com 2008 Subaru Exiga GT review

dreamym5

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/d...Id=128335?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1.*

08.subaru.exiga.340.jpg

A Good Idea for America?
So far, the 2008 Subaru Exiga GT is only slated for sales in Japan, and one Subaru staffer speculated that it would be too small for the U.S. market. Yet given the fact that the American vehicle market is downsizing in record numbers, there surely seems to be a market for fuel-efficient, multiseat minivans, something a little larger than a Mazda5 yet a little smaller than a Dodge Grand Caravan. Since short-wheelbase versions of conventional minivans like the Caravan no longer exist, there seems to be an opportunity for vehicles like the Exiga

Seriously! Since When did Minivans have conventional doors!?! (Ok smart one I know about the Original Oddesy and the Mazda MPV, but still...) That thin is a S-T-A-T-I-O-N W-A-G-O-N. Give me AWD, sliding doors and the turbo and maybe I'm interested...

Any info on the fuel consumption of this thing? I'd be surprised if it gets more than 20 mpg in real life driving.

Any info on the fuel consumption of this thing? I'd be surprised if it gets more than 20 mpg in real life driving.

Even if it does get 20 mpg, I suspect it takes premium gas because of the 2.0 turbo engine...premium gas is running around $4.45 here in Northern VA... I'm not sure I can afford to put gas in that sucker...

Though I am interested in the concept. I'm one of the few folks who likes hatchbacks and wagons...

Now if they drop the subaru corporate flat six in there...

;)

Back