ECU/ SS AFC problem

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - Dark Silver
so after getting my motor back in I have been tuning with the FTC V3 from splitsecond, just got it to idle and run pretty good. Doing some fine tuning and after the last burn it was all ****** up car was just messed would do anything couldn't even move without stalling, then won't start at all.

I only changed a couple numbers in boost, nothing else, Car shows overheated when it's clearly not, no CEL even with key on, cranks but no ignition or fuel or nothing. It's ******, had to tow it home, which was fun because it's slammed.
I can't even access the FTC with my laptop anymore.

Tomorrow gonna try to unhook the FTC to see if that is it, hopefully it will start on stock maps.

just wanna know if anyone had any problem with this unit going bad, it's worked fine for a year until now. Kinda pissed since I just got the car back out.

All connections soldered and shrink wrapped. Any help would be nice.

1105082349.jpg

Last edited:
Kind of sounds like a bad fuse. I don't remember which one (might be the "INJ" fuse) but one of the fuses will cause the temperature gauge to read hot if it's blown/pulled and the car will not start. I encountered this when I pulled the wrong fuse when doing a compression test.

my injector fuse was blown, replaced it and it blew again right away......... still searching for whats wrong.

my injector fuse was blown, replaced it and it blew again right away......... still searching for whats wrong.
w00t, called it! Odd though as this has been happening a lot lately. I know you just got your car back up and running but how many wires were you messing with during the downtime? Quite possible you loosen/pulled something.

The only wires I changed was last winter when i wire tucked the engine bay fuse panel under the dash. it worked fine all year, everything soldered and shrink wrapped. I'll be checking that for sure next. Main relay is fine and clicking. Seems like that fuse is my only problem....... which isn't too reasuring because i dont know why it's blowing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the ECU was fried wouldn't I be getting a CEL? I have no CEL at all, and there is ALWAYS one with the key on.

It sounds like your grounding the injector wiring harness. You really need to trace some wires I bet one got pinched somewhere.

So i checked out under the fuse box and 4 wires have melted terminals and are charred.

Green- white stripe
Black - blue stripe
White - blue stripe
White- green stripe

The only one I was able to trace easily was the black - blue which goes to both O2 sensors which I have made alterations in the wiring, I'll have to double check them. The injector power source and trigger wires are all fine. Also gonna find what all the other burnt wires do.

Well finally got the time to sit down and figure it out. Turned out to be a wire (White/Green power wire) that chafed through the insulation and grounded itself. Decided not to take chances with electrical tape and shrink wrapped the wire in question and made sure nothing would chafe there again. It was hard to trace because it would wiggle and be inconsistant. Thanks for all your help guys!

Back