Dyno Challenge MP5jeff

P5LawnMan

Contributor
:
2003 protege 5
MP5jeff How about a friendly wager? I buy the Nology Hot wires and new ngk plugs , you pick the color. You drive up to Sarasota , we do several pulls before and then install the wires and plugs , several pulls after . No gain , I just bought you a nice new set of wires and a free dyno day , Any gain and you pay for the wires , plugs and dyno . Plus $100 for me to spend on my P5. All in good fun!! Thanks Frank

dude do you realize i have a turbo car? thats even going to make the dynos more inconsistent...also i don't have the time to just make a trip like that, i have a job...

how about you ship the wires to me, i dont need the plugs i just got a brand new set of ngk's, and ill tell you if my butt dyno feels a difference.

{wispering} mp5jeff, just dont step on the gas as hard after installing the plugs and wires... hehe j/k -mike

rofl...im sure if i drove there his buddies on the dyno will change the numbers to make it look like i gained something, im not stupid.

hey i got an idea, you make a trip to west palm, ill set up the dyno day, and we can install the wires from a shop of my choosing.

mp5jeff said:
hey i got an idea, you make a trip to west palm, ill set up the dyno day, and we can install the wires from a shop of my choosing.
now that sounds like a deal!!!

<---sorry for the butting in but I have nothing better to do tonight :D -mike

the point im makin is this thread is pointless, especially for my car that will most likely differ around 5whp each run...

mp5jeff said:
the point im makin is this thread is pointless, especially for my car that will most likely differ around 5whp each run...
MP5jeff I agree , now here's my point , I don't post BS , only 100 post since joined back in June 2003 , I have good dyno results with my exhaust and intake , only a gain of 9.5whp for both mods . The nology wires and ngk plugs are a nice upgrade from the piece if s*** stock wires . I believe there was a small gain , maybe 2whp , not a big deal but I am pleased with the mod . Why do people on this forum have to make negative post , I did not make any unrealistic claims and you said yourself said depending on the condition of the wires and plugs there may have been improvement . If you don't agreed with a post ask questions , if the forum member cannot answer them then he/she will be exposed for the BS they posted . No games and no BS here!!!! Sounds like you have a very nice MP5 , 230whp is a great pull. Thanks Frank

yes you are right on 1 thing, if you stock wires are in bad condition(which should not happen untill 40k plus miles) then you might gain a little. but if the stockers are in GOOD condition, then you won't gain anything, although idle,startups might be smoother etc., that i will agree with.

mp5jeff said:
yes you are right on 1 thing, if you stock wires are in bad condition(which should not happen untill 40k plus miles) then you might gain a little. but if the stockers are in GOOD condition, then you won't gain anything, although idle,startups might be smoother etc., that i will agree with.
24,000 on the stock wires . Thanks Frank

mp5jeff said:
they should have been ok still. you should sell em.
Jeff They are to pretty to sell !!! Problem is most of the time Pretty is not fast!! Thanks Frank

Latest posts

Back