Dumb Key Situation

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Yesterday I came to a line of stopped cars on the dirt road up to where I live. I got out and walked up the road to see what was wrong (fallen tree on power line). I walked back to my car and had the key in my hand to open it. I must have kept the key in my hand instead of putting it in my paocket as I usually do and evidently set it down somewhere in the car without thinking. When I got I realized it wasn't in my pocket and searched high and low for it. It is definately in the car somewhere because the walkaway locking doesn't happen when I move away and I can get back in the car and start it. I've repeatedly gone over the interior searching every nook, crevice and cranny, moved both front seats all the way forward and back, checked the well of the heads up display projector and well every where I can think of and I can't find the darned thing! I even searched around the outside of the car in case it fell out when I got out. Nothing. Now when I turn the car off a "low key battery" warning appears on the dash. I wish there was some kind of "find my key" device. Anybody have any idea how I can find it? Of course I have the spare and when I lock the car with that there's about five seconds of repeated beeps which again indicates the other key is still inside. I guess if the key battery goes dead altogether and I never find it I can order another key as I have the key code but no doubt for a small to medium sized fortune. Feel like an idiot!

Well the best non specialty beer is actually called Club Colombia. It comes in regular, red and dark.

Upvote 0
I have attached a Tile to my key fob. It is locator disk using bluetooth that will beep when you run the app on your phone, and your phone can tell you if you are getting closer if you are too far to hear the beep. I gave some to my MIL for Christmas a few years ago because the constantly loses her keys (and forgets where she parked her car) and they ended a lot of frantic searches. Apple is allegedly coming out with something similar eventually.

Upvote 0
Back