DSC/Traction control Problem

Russm

:
08 MS3
I usually disengage the DSC and TC every time I drive my 08 MS3 unless it's snowing or raining. Today I depressed the DSC off button before starting , turned the key and started engine. When I looked at instruments only the TC light was on, I depressed the DSC button again to turn them on and TC light stayed on. I turned engine off and started it again and same thing and tried again without depressing DSC Off and TC light was still on, tried several times and nothing changed. I drove it and TC is off because it would light up the tires.
I checked the fuses(shared with ABS) all were fine, drove it and ABS is working fine! I disconnected battery to reset and light is still on.
Car runs fine!
Has anyone had this issue and know what to look for or what to test, my local Mazda stealer ship wants $150 just to start to diagnose the problem and they said it could cost more.
I am thinking(hoping) it may just be a bad DSC switch but as you know dealing with electronic troubleshooting can be a pain in the neck sometimes.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You!.

Did you do anything with the wheels, brakes, suspension before this happened? Did the connections to the wheel sensors come loose?

No I havent done anything to it but roads are so bad here in WI you never know if something flew up and dislodged a sensor, I will put it up on jacks and look around while I roptat tires, thanks so much for you assistance!!!

Back