Need Help - Multiple Warning Lights (2019 CX-5)

Started my 2019 CX5 this morning and I have multiple warning lights on. Vehicle drives fine. I disconnected the battery, tested the battery and they it was good. Any idea of what is going on? Anything else I need to check? Here is the list of warning lights. Current mileage 36,769

• engine system malfunction
  • abs malfunction
  • dsc malfunction
  • sbs malfunction
  • drss malfunction
  • scbs malfunction
  • hbc/las system malfunction
  • parking brake system malfunction
  • scbs malfunction
IMG_0534.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Typical of battery failing soon; was the battery load tested or just measured with a voltmeter? 99% sure you need a new battery. If I were you, I would go to Walmart or Costco as they have the best price and get a new one ASAP before you get stranded.

Also check the ECU with a code reader to see if it's thrown any codes. If you don't have a reader, Autozone will check it for free.

Changed the battery, lights still on. Stopped by O’Reilly’s auto parts and they said it is throwing an ABS sensor error. They said their reader will not say which sensor it is….

Had any brake work done lately? Maybe a tire rotation in which a sensor could have been damaged?

Before this happened did you run over anything? Did you drive through flood waters? Any usual event?

If not battery, the second suspect is the BCM failure.
BCM = body control module.

A trip to your nearby dealer might not be avoidable.

After replacing my battery, I ended up taking it to a shop. Bad ABS sensor due to rodents. Replaced the sensor and $700 later…the car is fixed and no warning lights

Latest posts

Back