Drops to low idle after boost

I have been doing some research and I am thinking that I hav a WGA problem. Part of the reason for this presumption is that I am only running 5 psi stock boost and that is even on a cool day.

My check engine light came on again, i will go to Advance tomarrow and see what the code is for, as far as the idle drop, i still got it too...

^if you have a bov you need to do the dual setup or relocate the maf otherwise you will keep having idle problems, try this before coming to a stop press one time on the gas pedal lightly that may help keep you from stalling or having the rpms dip to 0 and bounce back to 1.

the cars run rich from the factory but you shold be getting better gas mileage than what you are, did you seafoam the car? if not this is what you do:
go to advance auto and buy two cans of seafoam (not seafoam deep creep, these are two different products)

with a friend in the car take the hose off the pcv (while car is running) your firend will have to keep giving the car gas because it will want to die) slowly with the funnel over the hose pour in 1/3 or about 5 oz of seafoam in the line (your friend will have to keep revving the engine to keep it from dying and you will see a lot of white s*** come out of your exhaust pipe this is normal) after pouring in the 1/3 or 5 oz turn the car off for five minutes) recconect the hose to the pcv and start the car, drive around for twenty minutes.

to help clean the fuel injectors which may help with the gas mileage pour one ounce of seafoam per gallon of gas currently in your car into the gas tank (if car is full (14 gallons pour in 14 oz of seafoam) drive until gas light comes on and fill up with gas like normal.

also before your next oil change (approx 100 miles before) pour 1/3 of can of seafoam into engine oil to help clean out carbon builup (pouring into the pcv cleans upper cylinder heads, putting in oil helps clean everything else oil touches)(both help remove carbon deposits)

this may help with your mpg problems. you may also want to check your fuel filter. if this stuff doesnt help i am out of ideas

hi, bro' had the same problem for a last year, tried everytning, finally last sunday fixed the problem. I replaced the WGA and a temperature sensor. I Think that WGA was a problem. now my car runs sweet. Can't find the post how to check it, but it should help.

Holy s***, I cannot believe I miss this. I got under my car this morning and right in front of me was the vac line connection on the bottom of the SMIC completely not hooked up. I cant believe I missed that. Now all need to do is get a spliter and some vac line. I think this sums up how I feel about it (lol).

Ok after I looked at it I am still lost. There is no way that a vac line should be hooked up to the SMIC. That would cause a huge vac leak. So where does it connect to?

I did some research and seen in many pictures that this connection is blocked and not used for anything. I am getting a smooth boost now but still only spiking at 5psi and still have the idle drop problem.

I have already done this but I am wondering if when i pull a vacuum on it should it hold or should it let air past. When I blow into it it holds but not when I suck on it.

Finally, I have fixed my ride. A plug on the bottom of the SMIC fell out and the SMIC was venting to the atomsphere.

Wow. It was that easy, yet it was that hard to find. This is the first thing to check from now on.

I drove the car outof town a couple of hours and it ran great. The only problem that I am having is that when the car is warmed up and I stop the idle will start jumping up and down about a couple hundred RPMs. It only does this when the engine is running and the a/c is off and the cooling fan is not cycled on. I am going to try and reset my ECU today to see if that helps at all.

same problem.... did you get it fixed? how?

I think that I have a vacuum problem but not sure. I just bought my MSP and love it but if I get into the boost hard in first gear then put the clutch to the floor the rpm's will drop to a point where the engine wants to die and then its settles out. I hope someone here can help. Thanks.

IDLING PROBLEM, help guys.

for example im approaching a stoplight, il step on the brake and the clutch, then suddenly the rpm will go waaay down to zero until it dies out... what could be the problem? its like the car is lacking air (parang nauubusan ng hininga).... by the way my car is a mazda 323 familia '97..... ive heard alot of cases like this on the same model of car.... comments are appreciated.. thanks!!

Last edited:
I actually found a plug at the bottom of the SMIC had fallen out. I replaced the plug and now the car runs great. One other thing to look at is that there is a connection on the bottom of the SMIC that should be blocked off. This connection is for nothing what so ever. Do you have a vac/boost gauge hooked up?

ok i have a question after reading the first page

when im driving 1st gear everythings fine, 2nd gear i shift, it boosts, then dies around 4100 rpm, then at around 5000 rpm it spools again is this normal?

Im not really following your discription. Does it die when your in boost or when you have the clutch to the floor to shift.

Back