Drain and Fill ATF once? or again during next Oil Change?

Drain and Fill ATF once? or again during next Oil Change?

I'm at 43k miles but want to do this right. I read guys on here are draining and filling again shortly after the 1st one but is this really necessary?

At 43k miles, I'd just do it once and call it good.

If you were like me and didn't do it at all till 70k miles, I ended up doing 3 drain and fills.

The right answer is dependent on your goal. If you're looking to replace ALL the fluid, you will need multiple drain and fills. If this isn't a concern, then one drain and fill is perfectly fine. Either method is beneficial for your trans.

I don*t see why*d you wanna touch it before the warranty is out anyways, but it isn*t my time and money, so...

My dealer pitched me a drain and fill special when I went in to buy fluid. Didnt ask about the year or how many miles were on the odometer. I didnt take them up on it as I DIY. Headquarter Mazda outside of Clermont FL

Try getting this done at a Mazda dealer. No dealer would do it specially for cars under 60K miles. Remember lifetime fluid and all.

Really? The dealer by my office would disagree.

They didn't even dance around the subject that they completely disagree with Mazda's claim of "lifetime" ATF. Granted they then try to sell you an ATF flush so take it with a grain of salt, but still, I think every dealer pretty much has their own ideas for ATF.

Try getting this done at a Mazda dealer. No dealer would do it specially for cars under 60K miles. Remember lifetime fluid and all.
Not true. My Mazda dealer, Town North Mazda at Richardson, has been preaching customers doing ATF drain-and-fill all the time, even to my friend's 100K-mile Mazda6 which has never done it before! They'll do ATF drain-and-fill by request if the mileage is low.

I called Mazda and you are all correct. Only time they would void warranty is if they find its at a 3rd party or DIY without using the recommended Skyactiv specific ATF fluid.

I called Mazda and you are all correct. Only time they would void warranty is if they find its at a 3rd party or DIY without using the recommended Skyactiv specific ATF fluid.

Thanks for owning it. That's a breath of fresh air! (friday)

And they should. Who would want to change it before the warranty anyways. Mess with something that doesn*t need it, cherish the consequences. Just leave it the hell alone and you have nothing to worry about, fluid wise anyways...True story!

Back