does this really work?

To my knowledge no...

I don't understand how they can claim that it will work with all those different ECU's..it is crap, BP engines didn't use the EECV ECU to my knowledge or a lot of the other cars listed...Even if they make a specific chip for the app...no one has been able to succesfully "chip" a protege...do a search for the reasons why...

if your looking for changing fuel and ignition on our cars...

greddy emanage (may work)

i installed it yesterday and im still testing to see if it works..

the mpi tuner works also...

both of those are piggybacks and control fuel and timing..
but you have to tune it yourself like a stand alone...

also the other option which you probably knew about was getting a stand alone computer...

they will cost a pretty penny though..

jaytee said:
anymore opinions?

The site does not include nearly enough info to have a truely accurate answer...Again, I would put money on it not working...But there was a very long theory that no chip would ever work on a Protege, but recent info shows that the potential is possibly there...But it is a very application specific process to get one to work properly...A general chip that uses general manipulations to the MAF sensor and others may possibly work in a few situations, but never all the time...overall hurting streetability and power in some or most driving conditions...

That link simply says what vehicles it works with, and that it gives power...definately don't buy it until you can recieve adequate info on the product and report it to some of the tech gurus on this board...

Back