Does the CX-5 Signature have remote start from the key fob?

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
Does the Signature have remote start from the key fob, or only with the my Mazda App?

Does it use a cellular service like drone mobile? If so, I'm guessing there's a subscription fee for it?

Upvote 0
App only via cellular -- but to date, I've never been prompted for any kind of subscription cost for the cel service

I dont use the wifi hotspot part of the same cel service, so maybe that's why ive never been prompted for a cel charge

Upvote 0
Does it use a cellular service like drone mobile? If so, I'm guessing there's a subscription fee for it?
From what I've read, it's free for the first 3 years. I cant find any source on what the fee will be, if any, after this period. It is definitely cellular based which is concerning as it likely runs on 3G bandwidth which all the major carriers are shutting down throughout 2022....This might explain the subscription fee eventually becoming required as the app functions would then need to be carried over 4G from the in-car wifi data module.

Upvote 0
Does the Signature have remote start from the key fob, or only with the my Mazda App?
App as far as I know, but after market remote start (like Fortin EVO One) can be installed and then you can use OEM FOB to start it, and the DIY install takes about 30 min.

Upvote 0
does the aftermarket remote start increase fob range?
my '21 fob works within 10-20 feet, there's no point in remote start when you're steps away

Upvote 0
does the aftermarket remote start increase fob range?
my '21 fob works within 10-20 feet, there's no point in remote start when you're steps away

Keyfob to the chin trick. Sounds like a bunch of crap, but it really works. Find the furthers you can get from your car with the keyfob working. Then take a few more steps further away and point it under your chin upwards - it really works

Upvote 0
I love that my Ford Ranger has a free app that can start the truck from anywhere that has cell coverage. I wish Mazda had that.
Mazda has the app now and I'm able to start remotely, but 1) that would require a monthly fee after the trial and 2) the only time I really needed to start remotely so far (last w/e to warm it up in a winter storm at remote location) there was no cell coverage and wifi was down :)

Does Ford charge monthly fees for the app?

Upvote 0
I take it as a no :)
I didn't buy new car to do circus tricks, that's for sure. There must be a better way
the fob under the chin trick absolutely works. I do it many times a week.
Using the Mazda app remote start has basically unlimited range as long as there is cell phone coverage. If you wanted to, you could turn your CX5 on/off from another state. The app is free for at least 3 years so why not use it?

Upvote 0
Mazda has the app now and I'm able to start remotely, but 1) that would require a monthly fee after the trial and 2) the only time I really needed to start remotely so far (last w/e to warm it up in a winter storm at remote location) there was no cell coverage and wifi was down :)

Does Ford charge monthly fees for the app?
No, it's free forever, or until the technology gets canceled like Lexus is doing with theirs.

Upvote 0
I just hate, as I understand it, that with the App the car turns off when you open the door. I don't by the "security" excuse. As with any aftermarket remote start, the security is that the car will shut down if you try to put in gear/step on the brake/drive off if you don't have the FOB with you.

Seems like a small thing to some that the car shuts down upon entering it, but as most of you know. as easy as it is it's still a bit frustrating to have to re-start the car. That's why I'll be getting an aftermarket remote.

Upvote 0
I just hate, as I understand it, that with the App the car turns off when you open the door. I don't by the "security" excuse. As with any aftermarket remote start, the security is that the car will shut down if you try to put in gear/step on the brake/drive off if you don't have the FOB with you.

Seems like a small thing to some that the car shuts down upon entering it, but as most of you know. as easy as it is it's still a bit frustrating to have to re-start the car. That's why I'll be getting an aftermarket remote.
You still have to push the start button when you get in either way. "A difference that makes no difference is no difference"
The app also gives you the ability to lock/unlock the doors, get recall/service bulletins, set up service, and get notifications if someone opens a door/hood, etc. And why would you want the bulkiness of a 2nd fob?

Upvote 0
You still have to push the start button when you get in either way.
Because the fan/air/heater stays on when you push the start button, you don't actually have to restart the car - trust me, when it's 115 degrees it makes a difference even for those few moments
And why would you want the bulkiness of a 2nd fob?
No 2nd fob needed, it uses the factory fob - hit lock button 3x

Upvote 0
I have a hard time believing Mazda suddenly stopped the annual fee (not monthly, it's never been monthly) for remote start. They have always charged $60-$65 a year for it since it is, in fact, cellular based.
Seems like a small thing to some that the car shuts down upon entering it, but as most of you know. as easy as it is it's still a bit frustrating to have to re-start the car.
5 years of doing this. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm just the opposite, I don't understand why it annoys some people. Haven't experienced 115 degrees on the regular though, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it may be an issue in the hell hole called Arizona. :D

Upvote 0
Back