does anybody care about the sedan?

mattr652

does anybody care about the sedan, cuz all im hearing is people comparing the P5 and the Mazda3 hatchback...

although i dont like any of the sports wagons, i would have to say the protege5 is the nicest of all...

but i plan on buying the mazda3 sedan... i just think its alot nicer
(interior, exterior, preformance) than the protege

Personally after seeing the most recent pics, I actually like the sedan more than the hatch. I really liked the hatch when the first pics came out. But after seeing the finished product, I'm just not feeling it as much. I'd have to say at this point if I was gonna buy it would be the sedan.

I'm TOTALLY into the sedan.

I like the style of sedan. Less tail wag too :) And you can add a fancy spoiler.

Don't worry, man. You're not alone.

sedan = jetta.
hatch = vibe.

:D

in all seriousness though i need to see it in person. I dont like or dislike it right now.

I think the sedan version will fit my needs better, plus I am a bigger fan of the 3 sedan over the 3 wagon. But i think it is person preference.

Wow - if really no one likes the styling of the 3 hatch, do you think it will be offered on the cheap in a few years?

I doubt it. The car has power and stiffness.

If the car drives like crap and has poor reliability, then the price will drop.

{threadjack}

SomaMP3 said:
definately sedan.....I can't believe what they did to the poor p5:(

Mazda didnt "do" anything to the MP5. They stopped making it. As a very proud MP5 owner, I am skeptical of how the 3wagon will look in person. But Im actually glad they stopped making the MP5 after only two years. Our cars will be unique for years to come.

{/threadjack}

Another reeason I will pick a sedan over a hatch is 1. reduced weight, and 2. 9 times out of 10 a sedan is more rigid then a hatch.

I prefer the Hatch. And, from what I have heard, it looks great in person. And all the reviews prefer the 3 hatch to the P5. Better looking! The sedan is still a very nice looking car but not has practical.

gib said:
And all the reviews prefer the 3 hatch to the P5. Better looking!

Your lucky Veteran members dont have revoking privileges, or might have to kick you off this forum for such a shameful post!

J/k Everyone has their own opinions, I just really, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY disagree with that sentence.

Well has I always say "beauty lies in the eye of the beholder" so therefore I am aloud to have my say. I own a Proteg (sedan). I think the P5 is a beauty, but the MZ3 sport style and looks IMO are better.

If the sedan looks low and sleek, like the 6 does, I will like the sedan better than the wagon. I have expressed my grippes about the Hatch's grille on another thread, and I think that the sedan will look great in dark blue, with a light tint and a nice, low spoiler (like on the 6 sport package).

Pepi

Pepi, when you say low spoiler, do you mean a front chin spoiler. If so I think there is one included in the 3s with sport package.

you know, I didn't think about that, but yes, it would look good with that too. I ment the rear spoiler, on the trunk.

Pepi

sedan would be my choice, but not until someone figures out what to do with that damn dash and a better stereo.

Back