Dodgeville to Mt. Horeb- The fall cruise to the Grumpy Troll October 8 or 9

So whose all in at this point?

ZoomZoom06 - Brian (fo sho)
LEXi73 - Ian (fo sho)
xsists - Brian (most likely) +1
BlackMicaMPS6 - Dominic (depends on Brewers)
DarKnight - Sam (maybe)
TurfBurn - Steve (maybe)
vrspeedemon - Tim (maybe)
Derrick + Para Noid?

Jay? E?

I'll be in but i'm not coming from MKE any longer, So i'll probably just jump on the hwy and meet ya'll at dodgeville before 10am. Might go to cars and coffee too, depending on how hung i am from the Badger / Nebraska game.

I'll be in but i'm not coming from MKE any longer, So i'll probably just jump on the hwy and meet ya'll at dodgeville before 10am. Might go to cars and coffee too, depending on how hung i am from the Badger / Nebraska game.

PM me your number. I'm purely getting the list for the Grumpy Troll reservation. Should have a meet spot in Dodgeville today.

It is a bar, although it's really more about eating than the beer there. Personally, i dont care much for most of their beers. There are a few that are ok.

well it depends on the amount of people. They have dining area, although it's somewhat cramped. Especially on weekends at lunch time. If we have more than 6 i'd say get a reservation so were not hanging around waiting, otherwise they should be able to accommodate us

Also i might recommend the upstairs pizzeria for very good pizza rather than the downstairs mediocre food. Up top we'll have much more room, same beer, and better food for cheaper with a group of people. We could order a few pizzas and all split the food.

FYI, the pizzeria doesn't open until 4pm on Sundays.

If the Brewers lock up 2nd seed, I won't be making it and I doubt Sam will since he has tickets to the game lol.

Just make a reservation for everyone that MIGHT make it and then if they don't, they don't..

yeah, thats what im doing...we have alot of 6crew people attending though...

Last edited:
Alright, this is what it's looking like is the deal:

Okay, folks. When you get to Madison, you want to get on the Beltline which is US 12/14/18/151 and continue west. At it's interchange with I 39/90 it's 12/18. Continue west to Verona Rd (US 18/151) and head for Dodgeville, a solid 20 minutes. When you get to Dodgeville you will exit US 18 west and as you come down the hill there will be a traffic circle for Bennett Rd. Turn right and go north on Bennett to the next street which is Leffler. Turn left and head for the WalMart and we'll all gather there. 10 AM. Be there. Aloha.

not to muck up details, but if you go straight through the round about, the next right is a road directly to the wal-mart, not that you'll get lost either way

Once you get off the beltline, dodgeville will be at minimum 30min.

cant wait!

not to muck up details, but if you go straight through the round about, the next right is a road directly to the wal-mart, not that you'll get lost either way

Once you get off the beltline, dodgeville will be at minimum 30min.

cant wait!

Yeah I pass through Dodgeville on my way hunting so I know it pretty well now, thanks.

Updated first post with map of Milwaukee area people's meeting area and my phone number.

EDIT: bring a walkie-talkie (extra?) if you have them.

Last edited:
Back