Do you want a trip computer on your mazda 3

dread

This was posted in another forum. If you want to unluck your trip computer here is the procedure, but this only works on 06/07 mazda 3 and mazdaspeed 3's It wont work on earlier models because the radio is different.

Put key in ignition but don't start the car.
Hold down the AM/FM button and cd button at the same time
while holding the buttons start the car, Your radio will say hello and then it will change to say DIS on,
Once it says DIS on release the buttons and turn off the car.
Start the car again and press the set button to scroll through your trip computer features. If you want to reset your average milage or average speed, you need to hold the set button down while they are selected.
Press the clock button to get your clock back.
Now let party
(breakn) (nana) (idhitit) (dance)

are u sayign this will work on nirmal mazdaspeed 3. there not supposed ot have it. only the gt version with the bose. the normal cd players int he ms3 sports arnt supposed ot have it!
i will try.

it works with the ms3 sport and all 06 07 models. you can toggle between average consumption, miles left in the tank, average speed and current consumption.

CONFIRMED

After readign this i went outside and did it (this was the secodn one of these i read. And it wirked first try! Thanks!!! I have an ms3 sport, and the handbook says onyl the gt ms3 models have it.

Now f only the american 6 guys are going to try it cause they cant get theirs unlocked (on the euro modelds they do)

If it actually worked right (which it definitely doesn't).

The average mpg is always optimistic by 3~4 mpg.
I do some math everytime I fill the up the tank, and the trip computer is always off by a wide margin.

For instance, it'd tell me that I got 24.5 mpg out of the tank when in reality I only got 21mpg.

(*I also reset the computer every single time to ensure accuracy.)

The current fuel consumption readout is also just silly. (it's so waaay off, it makes me laugh)

I would've been happier with the computer if it had similar features to other brand cars such as the trip time to name one.

That's really minor though. I love my MS3. *^_^*

Mine said 19.1 when I first turned it on and that was pretty accurrate to what I have been getting per tank since I have had my car.

dread said:
Mine said 19.1 when I first turned it on and that was pretty accurrate to what I have been getting per tank since I have had my car.

I guess mine is just on crack then. *^_^*

19mpg?!? o_O

Leadfoot syndrome?

actual milage probably will vary. its probably based on certain readingsint he car,

but then the car sticker did sat 20 street 28 highway, so 19 might not be to far off.

I got it from the other forum as well and I can confirm it works on 07 S Sport Sedan with the 6-disk/moonroof.

CONFIRMED again

LOL that is so damn kool. Even if its not that accurate its kinda funny how someone figured that out. Nice Job!

Confirmed also.
Is the trip comp same one that's in GT model? Also is accuracy on par with GT model also?

Damn i feel ripped off, why the hell should you guys get an option that i had to pay for :D

j/k
thats pretty cool though.
wheres the sequence of door swings, key turns and button pushing to release all my power down low and add 50 up top? :D

justa4banger said:
wheres the sequence of door swings, key turns and button pushing to release all my power down low and add 50 up top? :D

I'm working on the how-to right now.

Not cool that mazda just locked out features for no reason other than to get people to spring for the more "well equipped" model. (headshake

I can confirm that it works on my car. This is cool. And to think I was just about to start investigating purchasing a tool to tell me such info.

WOW thats really cool someone found that out! I'll have to try that out sometime.
TO Hikaru9 - Yeah mine has been between 25.4 - 25.7 at times. I have been checking lately what I have been actually getting since I do a lot of Highway driving and its been between 21 -23mpg so pretty decent.

Ha ha ha!
Now thats just brilliant. Just done it to my ms3 and would like to confirm it worked on my wifes cx7 also.

well done dread, i know you didnt figure this out yourself but the sharing of information is what its all about.

EDIT. It would seem that during my initial excitement that i reacted prematurely. Oops!!!.
The function on the cx7 radio works fine but no information is displayed, the display defaults as -- -- when the engine is running. It would seem there is no sending unit for this on the cx7. I guess it makes up for the flip key that she got but I didnt.

Last edited:
Back