Do You Stop to Look at Other P5s?

:
Mazda Protege5
I saw a yellow P5 sitting in the enlisted housing parking lot at Tinker AFB today and I so wanted to go take a look at it.

What's wrong with me?

Nothing. When I drove a miata, I waved at other owners and flipped up my headlights often but never noticed p5's. Once I started driving one though, I noticed every p5 around and wanted to check them all out.

Yeah, and their horrid rust issues make me feel better about the slight issues on ours but also have me worried about the future...

I pulled into a snowy street to practice parallel parking, and i saw a black P5 like mine sitting in its owners driveway. Its kinda cool because you dont see too many of these cars around.

I see a few P5s on my 30 mile rush hr frwy thing after work pretty often. They always catch my eye. I don't wave much because they don't look like enthusiats AND I am usually in my truck so it'd be weird if I did and I don't. I see very few around for a metropolis tho. Hardly ever see MSP/MP3s and not many DX/ES/GTs any more either. I don't live in rust belt so that isn't a factor here................

Last edited:
I check everyone I pass. If I see the side marker light, then I know it's a 2003 if not then it's a 2002.
Then I look at the rear wheel wells and hatch for rust.

yes i see a black one a silver one and a yellow one near me every so often. i helped a guy change his battery in another white one at my job (autozone) a few weeks back, we talked about the car the whole time. the guy who drives the silver one even flashes his lights back at me when we see each other

mocc052.JPG

mocc%20051.JPG

Thanks for the pics, now I know what he eyebrows will look like once the 22v hits them and they hit the car..................

i dont think i have ever seen that number of protege5s in my entire life let alone all at once. i like the white which mine is colored but the red, dark grey, black and orange(the orange are speed proteges right, as i think the orange wasnt available on the p5s) look great too, i would more than happily have any of those colors as well. the yellow does not look good on this car to me the lines of the car dont look good in yellow (however i like the 00-06 sentra ser and spec v in yellow) the blue looks good but i do not want this one in that blue shade. i prefer dark blues on a car.

Only if its been lowered heh. Lots of them with rims here. But all stock otherwise.

Lol. I've seen 3 or 4 P5's where I live, mostly while driving. Never seen 2 together, much less a meet with 20 of them. Not many enthusiasts around here..

I saw a lot of P5's when I lived in Louisville, KY. There was a couple nice ones around my neighborhood, a yellow one with yellow fogs and a killer black roofrack that we always gave the "wassup" head nod. I live in the Florida Keys now and havnt seen but 1 or 2. Ive been rinsing mine off to keep the salt off, but I think thats going to be a lost cause. I used to take a pic of P5's or always tried to park next to one and also play the P5 spotting game with my girl when she is in the car.

Yeah there's actually quite a lot of them here in southwest Ohio still on the road for having just been made 2 years. See them more often than I saw other GTIs or Legacy GTs that I've owned.

Ive seen a few p5's, but the drivers are of the elderly kind. Maybe 1 or two msp/mp3. The junk yards here have the old proteges, once i see an update on the car list on newer proteges i jump on them as fast as i can.

I did once for a red one, it was pretty shinny. Most other P5's I've seen aren't worth looking at, my wrecked one looked better.

Latest posts

Back