Dixie tour...

Ready ..........

8553753975_43786e0849_o.jpg

8554858660_2185e147d8_o.jpg

Andres

Last edited:
I am planning on going to more ATL events once I get the house. I might have the Miata mostly though.

AMS is a great site...but its a bit far for me (~2hrs). I'm surprised you went that far from clemson! I'm bummed there is not going to be another circuitcross at AMP like last year...less than 30 min from me, and was super fun!

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only set available in the country until April.... btw I am liking them (idhitit)

Andres

Black wheels look great on the silver 2. I havent had a chance to get another set yet for the race tires.

-Derrick

I strongly disagree with this comment but to each his own I guess. ;)

Not to (deadhorse and get Andres going, but as I said, there is no accounting for taste... Aren't you involved with Dynotronics? LOL

I have no experience with them, and am making no claims for, or against them, just poking fun at Andres and Font.

Not to (deadhorse and get Andres going, but as I said, there is no accounting for taste... Aren't you involved with Dynotronics? LOL

I have no experience with them, and am making no claims for, or against them, just poking fun at Andres and Font.

Hey now? My Dynotronics flash works awesome. So there! :)

Dang... would have loved to see you run! Dixie is my home region, but work had me away at conference this past weekend. Not that it would have mattered - no longer in a 2 (but looking to come back if I can get out of this GLI).

How'd it go?

I had a good time, learn a lot about my car, about tires and set up; also learned that not having autocrossed for 11 months rerally can hurt your performance. Competitors were amazing nice and also good drivers.

Pics

Getting ready
8567936299_16d9d86285_b.jpg

8567936321_d9a4d3a59c_b.jpg

In the grid:
8569032578_024163e1b4_b.jpg

Co-driver:
8567935841_3d8cf367f0_b.jpg

Ready to go:
8567931031_2c04e496fc_b.jpg

On course:
8569034744_24abef4977_b.jpg

Friday I took the Evo school to shake more rust off, felt ok the car was decent, a little bit of understeer. a non planned co-driver came out of nowhere, could not say "no", that probably hurt a little bit since Toyo's like to stay cool.

Saturday we started early, I was happy because I figured the temps were ideal (60's) for the Toyo's, but soon the sun came out, and some of the drivers were very good also have tires that like heat more like BFG Rivals, Dunlop II and RS3. But again I had in my mind that Mr. Hollis did so well on Toyo's, so even though I am not Andy, there was something else about my car that was not right (again my Fault). I knew coming in that my camber was not ideal, but the alignment guy could not tell me why he could not get more than 1.7 negative camber on the passenger side. I ended 6th that day and dissappointed with my driving, I always had in my mind that my car was a strong car for the class, but my driving was not there, also some of the other drivers were awesome. Joseph Austin pointed out that my camber was far from right. After the race I examined every component of my coilovers to finally finding that the top three screws on the topp of the coilover were set all the way out, move them and my camber went back to my usual max camber - 2.7 / - 2.8 ( eyed ball it).

Saturday Results:
http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/results/Dixie%20Match%20Tour%20Final%20Results.pdf

On Sunday we started one our earlier, temperatures were below 60, I had better hopes for that day. I also figure out a different to aproach the course , changing my line. Car felt much better and the tires were working so well, even though I got better results my driving was not as good as some of the others, but I did my best. The car has room for improvements (more camber, different tires, bushings, rear shocks, ect... trying to duplicate Andy's set up on a budget).

Sunday Results shown on the Word file.

I will post videos of my runs once I figure out how to cut them,

Andres

Attachments

• Pos Nbr Class Name Best Index Pax ToRun.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 905
Last edited:
^ Seeing that you bested Michael May in his Honda Fit by 2 SECONDS is a good sign and a heck of an accomplishment! (I didnt fare quite so well when I ran my 2 against him, however, I was a novice then). While he just recently stepped up to STF, he is consistently one of the faster Dixie members and who I use as a benchmark.

Great Job! :D

Last edited:
Final Results are up :
http://www.sccaforums.com/Portals/0/Users/093/61/26461/DixieMatchTour_OverallIndex.pdf

Also need to point out that the guy that got the best place in STF after both days is an Alien driving on a bone stock Mazda 3 on BFG Rivals , super nice guy, never heard of him, but aparantely well known at national level and locally, his name Eric Sienkiewicz , he also wears a cool helmet ;)

The enemy.. ;)
8573593083_0b047eed35_o.jpg

The nice guy... ;)
8573593077_a849a5f553_o.jpg

Andres

Last edited:
I think you might have done better with a tune.

Hides behind a rock.

Probably, is shame there is not a trustable and reliable option yet. I guess is on the driver to find those better times, there is also room still on the car set up department.

Andres

Back