Diesel fuel filters failed to prevent contamination...how could this be.

cx5bhb

:
cx5 diesel
Please some help. My 8000 km diesel cx5 had the oil light come on. Went to Mazda and service done and version 2 software in. Fill up 150 later. 150 km after that DPF light starts flashing. Doesn't seem quite right. Take into Mazda and they do a purge and send me off. Car seems to be pinking in petrol terminology and much more old style diesel. dpf comes on again. Try regen process 80 kph for over ten min. No change. Back to Mazda. Told drive til tank empty and refill. Likely bad diesel. Did that 150k. We have smoke. Lots. New fuel no change. Running on 3 it seems. Lots n lots smoke.

All these kms are highway continuous.

Mazda tell me contaminants found in injection system. I will have to pay. Contact my insurance company.

I have had boat diesels and petrol outboards. Proper filters are in the systems to stop 'lumps' and water getting to the injection. Am I being had?

How can we drive around buying diesel from reputable suppliers then get a bill for thousands because the filter system is inadequate? It appears insurance will cover it but why should they ie me as premium payer.

Any experts able to comment on the filtration setup.?

So, the Skyactiv-D does indeed feature a water separator chamber, as apart of its design? Or, perhaps the diesel was contaminated in another way, perhaps with gasoline?

Either way, the normal course of action would be to go after the filling station or the wholesale distribution facility for QCA lapses. Obviously, this wouldn't be an isolated event, if there was a contamination to this extent. There must be other consumers who experienced problems. Try to contact somebody who represents your filling station to make a complaint. If there are others, and they recognize an error on their behalf, they will often cover repair expenses.

Thanks for suggestion. Injector side has particles in that you can see with a magnifying glass apparently. Injectors written off. Find it astounding that they could get past fuel filter system. 280km same day run after service and version 2 Software install. Big worry is will it happen again. Be much better to know that the factory guy missed the cleaning step out and the grit had finally come through after 8000 km when different settings from version 2 disturbed it. The story continues.

Back