Did anyone get the $1600 GT Technology package option?

s grand touring already comes with the Bose sound system as standard as is the rear view camera.

I got the tech package and was very negatively surprised to:
- not have the radar cruise control. All reviews had it, the Mazda site has it - that's the first security feature showing on it, the brochure coming with the car when buying it has it - but not the window sticker and not the instruction manual. As far as I'm concerned, this is deceptive advertising. So I'm hugely pissed off by that. I didn't know that would come a month later, else I would have waited. (my car was manufactured in September)
There is just no reasons for that feature to be missing as it exists and works on the Mazda 6 (or CX-5?). So no last minute FCC clearance requirement or anything like that.
The on/off button for the cruise control has the logo of the standard cruise control. The light on the dashboard too. and behind the Mazda emblem in the front, there is no electronic, no wires... so no radar. Clearly this will not come up as a simple software update.
IF Mazda ever offers it as an add-on, I might go for it (if the price is reasonable, say the difference between new GT Tech package and old one), but I "sold my wife" on that feature as she always complains that I do not keep enough distance with the preceding cars on the highway. Some features have therefore some unpredictable value for the user. i.e. others might not care and welcome less "assistance". I wonder what Mazda will explain about this major deceptive advertising.

- the car does not have the homelink feature. This is retarded on the top trim, with basically all options to have to keep my clicker around. (no easy place to put besides the armrest, and that's not convenient going home. I don't see it taking much more space, but something maybe was incompatible with the whole gadget laser/cameras behind the mirror. Honestly, in term of RF, things should still work: 433 MHz or so for the remote is completely different from the various radars the car is using. Anyway, this one is a silly annoyance.

I got the tech package and was very negatively surprised to:
- not have the radar cruise control. All reviews had it, the Mazda site has it - that's the first security feature showing on it, the brochure coming with the car when buying it has it - but not the window sticker and not the instruction manual. As far as I'm concerned, this is deceptive advertising. So I'm hugely pissed off by that. I didn't know that would come a month later, else I would have waited. (my car was manufactured in September)
There is just no reasons for that feature to be missing as it exists and works on the Mazda 6 (or CX-5?). So no last minute FCC clearance requirement or anything like that.
The on/off button for the cruise control has the logo of the standard cruise control. The light on the dashboard too. and behind the Mazda emblem in the front, there is no electronic, no wires... so no radar. Clearly this will not come up as a simple software update.
IF Mazda ever offers it as an add-on, I might go for it (if the price is reasonable, say the difference between new GT Tech package and old one), but I "sold my wife" on that feature as she always complains that I do not keep enough distance with the preceding cars on the highway. Some features have therefore some unpredictable value for the user. i.e. others might not care and welcome less "assistance". I wonder what Mazda will explain about this major deceptive advertising.

- the car does not have the homelink feature. This is retarded on the top trim, with basically all options to have to keep my clicker around. (no easy place to put besides the armrest, and that's not convenient going home. I don't see it taking much more space, but something maybe was incompatible with the whole gadget laser/cameras behind the mirror. Honestly, in term of RF, things should still work: 433 MHz or so for the remote is completely different from the various radars the car is using. Anyway, this one is a silly annoyance.

I can't believe they did that with the adaptive cruise control too. Although I didn't even think there were any tech package SGT's in the states already. Didn't think the iEloop would make it here until November.. I ordered a White SGT, made my dealer check to make sure they ordered it with the 3TE package as that's the one that should have the adaptive cruise control.

I agree with the HomeLink issue. I didn't get the tech package, but I still would have expected a $27,590 Mazda3s GT to have it, at least as an accessory to add, but it won't work. On the positive side, in researching alternatives to using the bulky, ugly garage door remote that came with our garage door opener, I discovered small key ring remotes and purchased 3 of them for my family. I love having it on my house key ring.

The product manager should be shot for not including Homelink. I texted my sales guy today about this and he didn't believe me. I'm seriously considering backing out of my deal over this. The problem is I'm not sure what else I would get. Drove the Focus and that thing seems seriously out dated on the interior. Corolla and Altima both have the damn CVT transmission so not going there.

Last edited:
You could try the Kia Forte5. If the thing ever arrives.

I have a funny feeling there will soon be mods to get around this Homelink issue.

I posted the wiring diagram for the install and while it wont be an easy plug and play install, its still wont be too difficult.

The product manager should be shot for not including Homelink. I texted my sales guy today about this and he didn't believe me. I'm seriously considering backing out of my deal over this. The problem is I'm not sure what else I would get. Drove the Focus and that thing seems seriously out dated on the interior. Corolla and Altima both have the damn CVT transmission so not going there.

I'm surprised by this to. I have it in my 2003 Mazda6 which I am looking to replace. It's easy to look over on the options unless you pay close attention since it is there with the base model/trim level. It's a basic item. Anyway, I told the sales person he'll have a sale once he finds a 2014 Mazda3 hatchback s grand touring, w/GT Tech package and a garage door opener. All that tech and no garage door opener option???

I was told the GT Tech package is still a few months out, I haven't seen one with it yet on the lots near me. Hoping they figure this out before I pull the trigger, not a big deal but would rather have it built in then something extra to carry or stick on the visor and replace batteries in.

Not sure, havent heard any detail regarding pricing, woulsnt be surprised if its around $2400.

Looks like Edmunds.com has it listed for $2600 MSRP $2236 invoice. Sucks cause I really wanted the MRCC, but an extra grand just for MRCC and FOW just isn't worth it. The tech package for the Mazda 3 is now more that the tech package for the Mazda 6.

I'm surprised by this to. I have it in my 2003 Mazda6 which I am looking to replace. It's easy to look over on the options unless you pay close attention since it is there with the base model/trim level. It's a basic item. Anyway, I told the sales person he'll have a sale once he finds a 2014 Mazda3 hatchback s grand touring, w/GT Tech package and a garage door opener. All that tech and no garage door opener option???

I was told the GT Tech package is still a few months out, I haven't seen one with it yet on the lots near me. Hoping they figure this out before I pull the trigger, not a big deal but would rather have it built in then something extra to carry or stick on the visor and replace batteries in.

While home link is very nice, on the list of must have tech I would put it lower, definitely not a deal breaker, not even close. So I think the first S GTs with the 3TE package won't arrive until late November, more likely December. Reason I say that I talked to a dealer and they said they had a S GT with tech pack coming in mid November, it's one of the first with tech pack in white on the east coast, so can't imagine to many others being here before then. The problem is I found out it's just a 2TE, no adaptive cruise control, which is a deal breaker IMO. So I ordered another White S GT but made sure they ordered a 3TE, it should be being built now but that means it won't get here until late December probably :(

Still there is no car like this in the price range (under 35k) with all of this tech and great mpg. So just a matter of waiting until December now.

My dealer has a black on black with the 2TE package. I drove the car for the first time Saturday and was impressed, but pretty bummed that it didnt have the door opener. Making a big jump from a 2011 335d to the Mazda 3SGT, hoping it has as many features as possible to make the transition easier.

My dealer has a black on black with the 2TE package. I drove the car for the first time Saturday and was impressed, but pretty bummed that it didnt have the door opener. Making a big jump from a 2011 335d to the Mazda 3SGT, hoping it has as many features as possible to make the transition easier.

Having owned a couple recent BMWs I'd have to say the tech in the SGT with the 3TE tech package is comparable if not more so then BMW. Especially when you consider the price!

Glad I found this thread - I just ordered (last week) a Canadian Mazda3 GT Sedan with the Luxury and Tech package. Radar Cruise Control was never mentioned in any of the Canadian literature or specs but now I wonder if there is even a small chance my car might actually ship with it. I should expect it sometime in December according to the dealer.

I've wondered since the car has the FOW, would that presumably not be the same electronics for the Radar Cruise Control - just the software would need an update?

EDIT: Just re-checked - the only Canadian "Technology" package available does not list FOW but does list Smart City Brake Support.

Last edited:
The 3TE package is $2600 I believe. The 2TE was $1600. Funny how the Mazda Website doesn't have that info on it yet. But if your dealer ordered the 3TE package it will have adaptive cruise control.

Which technology package is worth the money? or none? Love to hear your suggestions. Thx in advance.

3TE Technology Package $2600:
i-ELOOP regenerative engine braking system;
Active grille shutters;
High Beam Control (HBC);
Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS);
Smart City Brake Support (SCBS)
Mazda Radar Cruise Control,
Forward Obstruction Warning

2TE Technology Package $1600:
Active grille shutters;
High Beam Control (HBC);

Which technology package is worth the money? or none? Love to hear your suggestions. Thx in advance.

Active grille shutters;
High Beam Control (HBC);

Active grille shutters;
High Beam Control (HBC);

The question is will you use Active Cruise control? That obviously is the big extra cost. For me it's worth it, even though I don't always commute I still drive a lot and it's just a feature I don't want to be without. The smart city break support is an added bonus as well. So to me I want the 3te package.

Active grille shutters;
High Beam Control (HBC);

Active grille shutters;
High Beam Control (HBC);

Honestly neither. I think the 3TE is overpriced, and the 2TE has nothing I'm interested in. I do think the MRCC is worth $1000, but I don't want to have to pay $1600 for the honor of paying $1000 for it. :)

Honestly neither. I think the 3TE is overpriced, and the 2TE has nothing I'm interested in. I do think the MRCC is worth $1000, but I don't want to have to pay $1600 for the honor of paying $1000 for it. :)

Too bad we couldn't get the stand alone MRCC & FOW package that is available for the Mazda6.

Back