Did anyone get the $1600 GT Technology package option?

I would pay $500 for the I-ELOOP and grille shutter.
Nothing else on the list interests me.
There should be an "MPG package" combining these two for all models.

I could see this:

MPG package: i-ELOOP, Actrive grille shutters

Safety package: Lane Departure Warning, Smart City Brake

Tech package: Radar Cruise Control, Forward Obstruction Warning, high beam control (I think that uses the radar system).

I could see this:

MPG package: i-ELOOP, Actrive grille shutters

Safety package: Lane Departure Warning, Smart City Brake

Tech package: Radar Cruise Control, Forward Obstruction Warning, high beam control (I think that uses the radar system).

High Beam Control is probably accomplished by a camera sensor actually looking for bright spots (tail lights or head lights), MRCC uses radar which doesn't care if something is bright or dim.

I don't know if anyone has looked at the windshield where the rear view mirror is on the S GT with Tech Package yet, but there are literally 5-6 different camera's and sensors and laser's up there, looks like a military drone.

I think the 2TE and 3TE package kind of accomplishes the breaking up of technology pretty well, minus the MPG package quoted above as that comes with both. So if you don't need Radar functions of MRCC and FOW just get the 2TE, if you want MRCC and FOW get the 3TE. I think Mazda did a decent job splitting it up like that.

Last edited:
I know the brake system uses a laser sensor up by the rear view mirror, and one of the sensors is for the wipers. I'm not actually sure what system the high beam control uses, but I figured it would be the radar in order to detect if a car is too close for the high beams. Still, if it's in the 2TE, maybe it's using the laser ranging system instead. I don't think it's using a light sensor, that wouldn't be sensitive enough (either that or it'd be so sensitive it'd probably get fried during the day). And there's already a photosensor for the automatic headlights.

I'm pretty sure the High Beam sensor does use a camera, if you read the info on the system it says it looks for light patters above a certain speed, either from on coming cars or cars in front of you. So if a car is coming down the road the opposite way and is maybe 1/8 mile down the road it will see the light before radar probably detects that it is a car. This also makes me pretty sure it is a camera (from mazda's website) "However the system also switches the headlights to low beam when the vehicle is driving in brightly lit urban areas or at speeds slower than 30km/h when high beams are not required." So it can detect if your in an urban area which I think only a camera could do detect lights of light sources.

I think the High Beam Control uses the same camera from the Lane Departure Warning System.

The 2TE package has been discontinued, only the 3TE is available for order. I don't think there were that many 2TE packages made, at least there are only a few in my area.

It should be able to be installed by dealer, but as stated above it can't be put in some trims (S GT for sure). This is due to the wiring issues I believe.

I am not sure if this is in the correct section, however.

Back in September I ordered the Mazda 3 2014 i Grand Touring, and had two questions:

1. Does this come with the blind spot monitoring system? (One dealer told me it didn't another said it did...)?

2. Does the Mazda 3 2014 i Grand Touring have basic cruise control?
From Edmund's review (http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/mazda3/2014/ ") The 3i Sport adds cruise control", seems like the 3i sport does, im assuming the GT will as well?)

Thanks!

1. Does this come with the blind spot monitoring system? (One dealer told me it didn't another said it did...)?

2. Does the Mazda 3 2014 i Grand Touring have basic cruise control?
From Edmund's review (http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/mazda3/2014/ ") The 3i Sport adds cruise control", seems like the 3i sport does, im assuming the GT will as well?)

1. Yes
2. Yes
The Mazda website is an excellent resource for this. It lists each model and the standard/optional equipment packages.

Back