Destination LE3 Tires?

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
Curious to see if anyone has tried these on their CX-5 (looking at 225/55r19 on my signature)?

I have a Firestone that is offering a good deal on these right now a few miles from the house. Secretly I am happy that they have the hunter elite balancer as well!

I need to pull the trigger soon as my OEM Toyos need replacing ASAP.

Here's my top 3 runners:

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 11.19.36 AM.png

Trying to decide if the CC2s are worth the extra $100 or so.

Thanks!

Curious to see if anyone has tried these on their CX-5 (looking at 225/55r19 on my signature)?

I have a Firestone that is offering a good deal on these right now a few miles from the house. Secretly I am happy that they have the hunter elite balancer as well!

I need to pull the trigger soon as my OEM Toyos need replacing ASAP.

Here's my top 3 runners:

View attachment 313326

Trying to decide if the CC2s are worth the extra $100 or so.

Thanks!
I'm gonna chime in here. Have used firestone destination AT tires for along time over a decade now approx. 16+ years.

The firestone destination AT are great tire for rain, snow, off road, etc.

The last time my SO took her SUV to tire shop, they mistakingly installed the firestone destination LE on her suv. She decided to keep rather than get swapped out.

They(LE) perform excellent in dry conditions but imo, dont feel safe on wet roads. Also, the LE got a blowout on offroad gravel trails.

I recommend getting the Destination AT tires and avoid the LE.

My vehicle has mostly highway with 10-20% offroad use. The destination AT2 are very quiet highway tire.

If you wanted, you could get the AT2 even if you are not offroading as they perform great on highway.

However if you just want an all-season tire and are not offroading, then get the Mich CC2 for all-season. I used the CC2 before and liked them.

Have no experience with the continentals.

Last edited:
I have the LE3's on my 14 Explorer with 20" wheels.
About 8k miles on them.

I got them right before last winter. They were a noticeable improvement in winter traction over the worn Michelin Premier LTX I had on it before. New for new they are about even. Both were lightyears ahead of the OE Hankooks in snow.

The LE3's are smooth and for the most part quiet. They do seem a bit louder on wet pavement and concrete than the LTX's, but it's liveable.

I can't say any of the 3 tires ever felt unstable in dry or wet.

I have the Continentals on our 19 Reserve. Decent traction and fairly quiet.
Have put about 11,000 miles on them and they still have plenty of tread.
They're rotated at every oil change.

I was also considering the Michelin CC2's and the Conti. LX25's, BUT, discovered the new for 2021 Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3's. After comparing performance features on Tire Rack I settled on the Pirelli's and absolutely love them. Now, I also run separate winter tires so the Pirelli's satisfied more of what I wanted in an all season tire. If you live or drive in snow at any time, don't want to buy separate winter tires and are looking for a true all weather tire I would probably choose the Michelin CC2's.

I did wind up going with the CC2s from Sam’s club. They had matched the Costco pricing for me and I was able to get another 5% from cash back site that I like.

All in, it came out to $900 something.

Back