Denso "Designer Style" hybrid wiper blades installed!

:
2001 BJFP MT
:
2016 BMYFS AT
Got a Christmas gift for my Protege today :D
DSC_5215.jpg

DSC_5216.jpg

These hybrid wiper blades are typical of many late model cars. Lexus were the first cars to have them more than 5 years ago, and now Civics and Corollas now have them! The 2nd and 3rd gen Mazda6s comes with these wipers stock, and so does the CX-5.
They are high quality OEM quality blades, using the same exact design, materials, and construction as what you find in cars that comes with these types of blades. They're more aerodynamic, lower profile, and the aero design creates a spoiler effect, which adds downforce to the blades thus improving wipes at highway speeds. Because of the enclosed design, they also greatly reduce ice and snow build up. :)

They come very well packaged in the box. An inner cardboard wraps over the blades, and then 2 inserts keeps the blade from bouncing around inside the box.
DSC_5217.jpg

DSC_5222.jpg

You can also see that there are no holes on the side where the clip is, unlike the cheaper Rain-X Fusions. It really is a much better, cleaner design!
blade-hero_fusion.jpg

Interestingly, these blades were made by NWB (yes, they are Made in Japan!), which is the largest wiper blade manufacturer in Japan. All 11 auto makers in Japan use their blades for the most part. It seems that Denso only licensed the product from NWB to sell these overseas since NWB has very little overseas presence as opposed to Denso. From what I could tell by Googling, Denso doesn't sell aftermarket wiper blades anywhere but North America and Europe. NWB sells these blades themselves in Japan.
DSC_5219.jpg

The stock NWB versus the Denso (NWB) hybrid blade
DSC_5224.jpg

As you can see, the Denso blade is much more arched than the stock blade, which means there's lots more spring tension force from the blade. That's better for contoured glass. The box also says the rubber is graphite coated for better durability. According to NWB, it'll also help against streaking and skipping on Rain-X (silicone water repelling) coated glass and reduce the tendency of wearing the coating off!
http://www.nwb.co.jp/products/pdf/graphite.pdf

And that's how it looks on the car
DSC_5225.jpg

DSC_5231.jpg

I haven't tried these yet, but my mother's 07 Corolla has the NWB hybrid blades on it. I managed to get a set destined for the dumpster off a 09 Forester that was in for warranty work. All I did was replace the rubbers with ones off the GH Mazda6 and it was good to go. They wipe much better than the stock conventional NWBs on her car. :)

When these Denso blades wear out, I'll just go down to Honda and order me some refills meant for the CR-Z and Accord passenger side blades
76632-SYP-004 19" (475mm) refill insert
76622-SZT-A01 21" (525mm) refill insert
They're only about 5 bucks a piece, so the long term cost ownership is low for these quality blades :)
Or I can swim across the ocean to Japan and buy refills that NWB sells (rofl2) They made it easy for Japanese owners by printing the refill number on the mounting clips (DW48 and DW53 you see in the pics)! ;)

You wouldn't want to just use these blades then toss the whole thing out for another of the same thing because they're stupid expensive. I used my credit card reward points to get this off Amazon. They'll set you back about 40 bucks normally. (nervous) Still cheaper than Bosch Icons (can't refill) or Bosch AeroTwins (can be refilled, hard to find in the US)

Last edited:
I assume its to push the wipers down on the window the downforce he spoke of. Thats the only thing that makes sense to me.

hehe... yeah i got that part... just wondering where they're are from...
i like these blades... i'm due for some new ones... but don't want my wipers lifting off the glass like how the stock ones did... hence why i went with the PIAA's a few years back

I assume its to push the wipers down on the window the downforce he spoke of. Thats the only thing that makes sense to me.

EDM wiper arm... has a spoiler for that very reason... with the stock wiper blades for many years, the wiper performance increased on the highway past 70mph, in pouring rain
that s*** was a b**** to get from Germany!

was I the only one who still had the original wiper blades (I refilled the rubbers half a dozen times already)? (lol2) No, I didn't throw them away... I put them in those nice Denso boxes, just in case the car needs to go back to stock like half the other car is ;)

Last edited:
hehe... yeah i got that part... just wondering where they're are from...
i like these blades... i'm due for some new ones... but don't want my wipers lifting off the glass like how the stock ones did... hence why i went with the PIAA's a few years back

PIAA has the Forza Hybrids which are basically the same thing as these Denso/NWBs... it just has PIAA's branding all advertised on it, and has siliconized rubber instead... but they don't have our sizes... it would've been an easy way out had they come out with those sizes a few years ago (they've been out for that long!).... that PIAA s*** is also twice as expensive too... no thanks!

So for anyone wondering how long these blades last, I did a little checking... The graphite coated rubbers are expected to last 3-5 years according to Toyota Japan, unlike conventional blades which everyone says last 6-12 months... they also work perfectly on Rain-X/Aquapel coated glass
http://toyota.jp/after_service/car_care/yohin/window/waipar.html

Anyone who have trouble buying these (like if you're in Canada or just don't want to bother with ordering online from Amazon, ebay, etc), you can buy these hybrid blades from Honda and Acura... it may cost a little more, unless you have a hookup ;)
Here's the Honda part numbers for the blade assemblies:
76630-SZT-A01.... 21" from Honda only... CR-Z passenger side blade
76630-TX6-A01.... 19" from Acura only... ILX passenger side blade
There's various dealers that sell over the internet through a "trademotion" web store (onlinemazdaparts.com is one of them, but they don't sell Acura parts, only Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, etc). Many have different prices, so shop around! I also suggest finding a Honda/Acura combo dealer so that you can order both blades from the same dealer and save on shipping. But hands down though, getting these as aftermarket Denso is still a little cheaper than from Honda & Acura.

Once they are worn down, refills are cheaply available from Honda which makes long term ownership of these blades cheap... it only requires a one time costly purchase, unlike having repeated costly purchases of expensive fancy aftermarket blades (Bosch Icons, Michellin equivalents, etc)
76632-SYP-004... 19" refill
76622-SZT-A01... 21" refill

some S2000 owners are also very happy with this upgrade:
RHD install: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/965487-something-for-the-current-weather/
LHD install: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/862378-sometimes-its-the-little-things-that-make-the-difference/

these kinds hybrid wipers are stock on the 2nd and 3rd gen Mazda6 as I already said, and so does the CX-5... the CX-7 and CX-9 were the first mazdas to come with these blades... people with those cars which have those blades shouldn't replace their stock wiper blades without good reason! Just refilling them every few years works!

Last edited:
Back