Delayed Mazda3 Sport Delivery / Pickup?

Gregan

:
Mazda 3 Sport
DELAYED MAZDA 3 SPORT DELIVERY? My wife and I test drove and singed up to lease a Mazda 3 sport 2019 last weekend (test drive was on the 17th, we picked the one on the showroom floor). We were told at the time there was a software update needed prior to delivery and that our pickup/delivery date would be the 23rd.

Our sales guy just called us today and told us that we cant pickup our car tomorrow and hes not actually sure when we will be able to pickup our car... and he blamed the delay on the snow... cagey as all heck. What is going on? Anyone know whats going on behind the scenes?

Last edited:
DELAYED MAZDA 3 SPORT DELIVERY? My wife and I test drove and singed up to lease a Mazda 3 sport 2019 last weekend (test drive was on the 17th, we picked the one on the showroom floor). We were told at the time there was a software update needed prior to delivery and that our pickup/delivery date would be the 23rd.

Our sales guy just called us today and told us that we can*t pickup our car tomorrow and he*s not actually sure when we will be able to pickup our car... and he blamed the delay on the snow... cagey as all heck. What is going on? Anyone know what*s going on behind the scenes?

Likely just a tactic to keep car in their showroom as it*s a new model that*s popular right now yet rare (inventory scarce)...

On a diff note, did u get any deals/discount on it?

Likely just a tactic to keep car in their showroom as it*s a new model that*s popular right now yet rare (inventory scarce)...

This was my first thought as well... Likely the snow is keeping(nervous) them from getting a replacement 3 for the showroom in time.(nervous)

This was my first thought as well... Likely the snow is keeping(nervous) them from getting a replacement 3 for the showroom in time.(nervous)

I checked the inventory levels in our local dealers and yes the new 3s are only starting to "trickle in"...I'm sure once they have a ton of inventory will they start to sell and deliver in a hurry!

Mazda informed us there was an odd bug that dimmed the dashboard if you picked Spanish... other than that the car worked fine. They handed over the car today with acceptance that we would have to com back in for an update.

Congratulations. Post your updates! Our dealer has four 2019's in stock (all sedans) but will be trying the 2019's out soon.

Mazda informed us there was an odd bug that dimmed the dashboard if you picked Spanish... other than that the car worked fine. They handed over the car today with acceptance that we would have to com back in for an update.

Nice! maybe the car was made in Mexico?!LOL I know most 3s are coming out of Japan but there are some built in Mexico (if VIN starts with a 2 vs. J) that's why they had the 3 there for over a month now! Anyway congrats on the new 3!

Nice! maybe the car was made in Mexico?!LOL I know most 3s are coming out of Japan but there are some built in Mexico (if VIN starts with a 2 vs. J) that's why they had the 3 there for over a month now! Anyway congrats on the new 3!

Mexico production doesn't start until later this year so all mazda3 are coming from Japan until then.

Mexico? Well then, Mazda 3s are off my future list then.

So the new Mazda 3 is AMAZING... totally loving it. Incredible car for $32k.

I'm running into some bugs with the software though, lane warning, blind spot warnings, cross traffic alert are all not firing at all (confirmed they are set to on) and triple checked instances where they should clearly have triggered. Looks like I'm going to have to run through all the features and make sure they're working as intended.

Also super bad luck, I had a rock hit my windshield on day 2, and it instantly ran into a long crack about six inches long. Parked for an hour and came back and it was half way across the windshield.

Love the car, but an inauspicious start so far!

I recommend that you allocate some time to go through the owner's manual. It is packed with info you never knew.

Any idea when the AWD models will hit showrooms in Canada? All we've gotten so far is the FWD ones.

The local dealer here (Wpg) already had a GS trim in AWD - was sold right away unfortunately.

The local dealer here (Wpg) already had a GS trim in AWD - was sold right away unfortunately.

Some dealers will show inventory on their web site. I see that Toronto Mazda has six AWD GS or GT. It seems like the initial AWD shipments were all sedans.

So the new Mazda 3 is AMAZING... totally loving it. Incredible car for $32k.

I'm running into some bugs with the software though, lane warning, blind spot warnings, cross traffic alert are all not firing at all (confirmed they are set to on) and triple checked instances where they should clearly have triggered. Looks like I'm going to have to run through all the features and make sure they're working as intended.

Also super bad luck, I had a rock hit my windshield on day 2, and it instantly ran into a long crack about six inches long. Parked for an hour and came back and it was half way across the windshield.

Love the car, but an inauspicious start so far!

Glad to hear it, did you get a fully loaded model? I have an 11 M3 and thinking of upgrading.

Some dealers will show inventory on their web site. I see that Toronto Mazda has six AWD GS or GT. It seems like the initial AWD shipments were all sedans.

Accdg to the local dealer in our area, most of the AWDs are selling quicker than the FWD...I actually test drove a GS AWD yesterday and man that car despite on all season tires didn*t lose traction off the line on a snowy/icy surface imagine if it were on winter tires! The only drawback for me was the large tunnel hump on the rear cabin which will suck for the middle passenger. I was leaning towards getting the FWD but after testing the AWD esp in our area/snowy conditions then AWD makes better sense!

Back