DE Mazda2 / Demio AWD options

Sockie

Sockiemeister
:
Brisbane, Aus
:
Mazda 2 DE
Hi all,
New to the forum and am hoping to get some info.

I've got a 2013 DE Mazda 2 (Australian delivered) 1.5L petrol.

I've got a stupid idea to make it into a full blown sleeper build and wanted to know if anyone has a demio AWD or experience with the AWD.

Ultimately I'm looking at converting my 1.5L petrol FWD to AWD (or just importing an AWD model) and doing the following:
Fully built motor with capacity increase to between 1.7L and 2.0L
BIG injectors
Custom intake and exhaust
Turbo and/or supercharger
Brake upgrades
Coilovers all round with upgraded suspension components to match
Clutch and transmission upgrades
Motec ECU with completely custom programming.

Aiming for 180-200hp at all 4 wheels with complete custom gearing in the awd system to run a 50/50 driveline split

I need to know: AWD options
Do I get the demio parts and bolt them all in or do I retrofit a cx3 system which might need less modification to strengthen?

How available are the AWD models of the demio in Australia if anyone knows?

I'm a technician and auto electrician so am all across doing all the work but need to make some pretty big decisions before I start the project.

I want to do this as it has never been done (at least not in australia) and my previous performance builds caught too much attention from the police so want a stealth AF sleeper that will blow the doors off most vehicles at the track.

I'm not about to skimp out on components and I manage a custom shop so have all the facilities I would likely need to do the project I just need this information to get the plan started.

First of all, welcome...Exciting build! 😁

Unfortunately I don't have a Mazda2 but if possible, I hope you continue with this project and keep us updated!

Regarding the AWD conversion, I wonder if going with a model that has AWD already will save you a lot of time (and potential headaches). Have you searched around yet for an AWD model in Australia?

This might provide some inspiration...:)

First of all, welcome...Exciting build! 😁

Unfortunately I don't have a Mazda2 but if possible, I hope you continue with this project and keep us updated!

Regarding the AWD conversion, I wonder if going with a model that has AWD already will save you a lot of time (and potential headaches). Have you searched around yet for an AWD model in Australia?

This might provide some inspiration...:)

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the reply!

There's pretty much nothing available in Australia that is AWD already so I'll have to compare the price difference between converting my current body vs importing an AWD model.

Also looking at maybe a Mazda 3 MPS hub upgrade to change from 4x100 to 5x114.3 for more wheel options and better brakes that are cheaper and more readily available.
Probably going to go with the DBA T3 4000 series slotted rotors with XP pads in an MPS Mazda 3 rotor all round. It should rip your face off when it stops with these.

Unfortunately I can't drive it in the street where I live with a roll cage in it so it will be cageless but it will be getting bracing on the strut towers to firm it up laterally.

Now to make my shopping list into a spreadsheet...... 🤣

Back