Datalog....boost spike.

Biggs

:
Mazdaspeed3 '09 True Red
3rd and 4th gear, Im wondering if I should get it dialed back so I stop spiking to 20psi

lemmie know what you think.

I spike into the same range as well and my tuner (for what its worth to you) said thats fine to spike for that brief moment since it was probably less than a second. I tend to trust him with the other types of cars he works on.

to stop the spike you could ramp boost up slowly. this will prevent overboost and push peak tq out further into the rev range, which is safer.

to stop the spike you could ramp boost up slowly. this will prevent overboost and push peak tq out further into the rev range, which is safer.

Thats what my tuner said he could do. Drop the torque level a bit down low so that it doesnt have to spike to reach the torque target.

I want to see if he can add more torque to the high end.
I think he was going for an even level of torque through the entire range Initally, rather than having it spike and drop off.

If you drop the load target then the ECU will try to control the "overload" by closing the throttle plate.

A momentary spike to 20 that virtually instantly tapers down is probably ok.

You could run a manual boost controller and try to reign it in that way.

If you drop the load target then the ECU will try to control the "overload" by closing the throttle plate.

so your saying that dropping the load target wont fix the spike?

A momentary spike to 20 that virtually instantly tapers down is probably ok.

You could run a manual boost controller and try to reign it in that way.

ya i was thinking about a turbosmart boost tee.

Latest posts

Back