Dashhawk log

Rox702

:
2007 mazdaspeed3
Hi Folks

I just recently installed the hypertech flash with the CP-E Nano Intake and did a few logs. I notice some Knock in third gear. Does this look normal? Do i need to be worried?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks

Rox702,

I wonder what your intake air temps were during this log. High IAT's can cause a bit of knock retard.

Do you have any other mods? Did you select the Cp-e Nano intake option

Did a fourth gear pull tonight still getting knock. Going to be ordering the Denso itv22 when they become available again.

Did a fourth gear pull tonight still getting knock. Going to be ordering the Denso itv22 when they become available again.

BATs looked a little high. This could be part of the cause.

The boost curve on your log almost lays over what our testing shows with an aftermarket intake and the Hypertech tune. (Click here for chart), but your AFR's on your first log are really lean when the KR kicks in. Do you have any mods other than the intake? Do you have the Cp-e intake option selected with the programmer?

Chris

The last chart posted was with these mods.

Hypertech with the cpe nano tune, cpe nano, Cobb tip, and testpipe.

I live in Vegas and it's summer so my bat's will always be high with a stock tmic.Going to order one step colder plugs when they become available and run another log. Anything you can suggest could be the issue besides the hot temps of las Vegas?

The last chart posted was with these mods.

Hypertech with the cpe nano tune, cpe nano, Cobb tip, and testpipe.

I live in Vegas and it's summer so my bat's will always be high with a stock tmic.Going to order one step colder plugs when they become available and run another log. Anything you can suggest could be the issue besides the hot temps of las Vegas?

I suspect the hot air temps and heat soak are causing some issues. You might also check for leaks around your air intake and turbo inlet pipe. You may be getting some air entering the engine after the MAF sensor, which will cause the engine to run leaner at wide open throtte. The lean AFR's on your first log show the KR coming on in 1st gear, right before you go to WOT. This is probably the cause of high BATs, and heat soak. Once you hit WOT, and the RPMs start coming up, the AFR's are lean, until the KR kicks in, and the ECU starts adding fuel and taking away timing to stop the knock.

Just installed the itv22 hoping it would reduce the knock Ive been getting..... This is the most knock Ive ever seen! I'm going to unflash my car and do another run see how it looks...I'm sure the 100+ temperatures doesn't help but damn that's a lot of knock!

Last edited:
Did you ever get this solved? I did a few runs last night and the most knock I saw was .4 and it was gone as quick as it came. I definitely don't think its a fueling issue, 10.0 is extremely rich. I was seeing as rich as 9.6. last night, and that was commanded A/F. You fuel pressure looks bang on what mine is with the HT tune. That knock is really scary, did you hear any detonation?

How rich this tune runs is part of the reason I'm dumping the HT for the AP.

Also, you can open saved DH logs in Excel, it makes them easier to read than a screenshot. Open the saved DH log (.LOG) in Excel, delete all the useless columns, and reduce the number of decimal places, then save it as a .CSV or .XLS. You should come out with something like this.

Attachments

• DataLog.xls
    21 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Just installed the itv22 hoping it would reduce the knock Ive been getting..... This is the most knock Ive ever seen! I'm going to unflash my car and do another run see how it looks...I'm sure the 100+ temperatures doesn't help but damn that's a lot of knock!

I don't have a good answer for your knock, but I see you are stomping in a bit early, WOT before you get 3K on the clock has been linked to rod failure

Did you ever get this solved? I did a few runs last night and the most knock I saw was .4 and it was gone as quick as it came. I definitely don't think its a fueling issue, 10.0 is extremely rich. I was seeing as rich as 9.6. last night, and that was commanded A/F. You fuel pressure looks bang on what mine is with the HT tune. That knock is really scary, did you hear any detonation?

How rich this tune runs is part of the reason I'm dumping the HT for the AP.

Be careful when comparing the air/fuel ratios with the Hypertech tune to other tunes for these engines. There wasn't much room in the factory tune to make SAFE power gains by leaning out the engine.

The best way to determine if a tune is too rich or too lean is by measuring exhaust gas temperatures. The EGT's will tell you what is going on in the cylinder. The EGT's with the Hypertech tune are right at 1500 deg at wide open throttle, which is about 30 deg hotter than stock. We tested tunes that were leaner, and while we made slightly more HP, the resulting increase in EGT's just aren't safe for long term durability.

There's more info about this in the Mazdaspeed tuning info section. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123770355-Mazdaspeed-3-6-tuning-info-Part-2

Chris

Last edited:
Did a couple logs this week, have to say im damn happy with them! got rid of most of the knock!

91111htnanotipbpvitv223.png

Shot at 2011-09-14

This first log i notice my boost was up to 18.5!!!!

91411htnanotiptpbpvitv2.png

Shot at 2011-09-14

This second one looks damn good to me!
Couple of things i did differently

-Gapped down itv22 to .30mm

-Mixed 100 octane with 91

The big helper was the lower temps! was only 70 degrees out on these logs!!

Okay nevermind. I was going to ask you might want to get on her more often. With the AP every time I change to a new map I would get KR. After two to three datalogs KR would clear. Maybe ecu learns? My cars still with its first oem spark plugs. Hypertech a whole different tune than AP I guess.

Installed my CNT DP this weekend only took 6 hours of pain! So now its time for another log!

-I notice that my afrs are in the low 12's
-slight knock nothing over .7
-Fuel Pump is still holding over 1600!!!!

I think its about time to upgrade my FP before i do anything else.

why??pressure is fine to redline
Installed my CNT DP this weekend only took 6 hours of pain! So now its time for another log!

-I notice that my afrs are in the low 12's
-slight knock nothing over .7
-Fuel Pump is still holding over 1600!!!!

I think its about time to upgrade my FP before i do anything else.

Back