Dashhawk log advice

keymaster

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
Hi folks,

This morning, I had a chance to take some runs at the freeway onramps on the 210 here in Pasadena; there are several in a row where you can run up and then get off. It's the first time I've had a chance to really run the car out, and I logged them with my Dashhawk. The attached picture is the one run where I got to start from a stop light and go up the ramp without any cars around me, it's about the cleanest, hardest run I made this morning. To orient, the first RPM spike is me throttling up to 3000rpm before dropping the clutch, the rest are the shift points as I went up.

Two things concern me when looking at the plot. The first is the fuel cut between the first-second shift; I have to lift to shift obviously, so it may have just been a long shift. The second is the knocking after the shift to fourth; I may have not been completely WOT at that point since the speed was getting up there, so it might just be the normal knocking everyone sees at partial throttle.

I'm logging load to see what the engine is doing, I'll change that to boost if all of this looks normal; I wish the Dashhawk could read more than five parameters at once. I'm happy that the fuel PSI is at 1700, that seems pretty good. But, I am wondering about the Dashhawk measurements a bit...I filled up after all this and the Dashhawk read the tank as 94% full. I'm hoping the other numbers are a bit more accurate! :)

Anyways, I'm putting this up for advice about how it looks like my car (which is all stock aside from Denso ITV22s) is running...if anyone has any I'd appreciate you sharing. Thanks!

Attachments

• data.png
    data.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 172
my car only fills up to 94 and then the machine will shut off. with effort i can get it to 97, but do you really need to fill 100% of the tank.

fuel cut between gears wouldnt really concern me as much as a cut during wot as during shifting you dont need to be making power lol.

Having it only fill up to 94% just seems odd...you'd expect it to get up higher than that. :) It's good to know though, this way I can make sure I always get the same fill level so my mileage isn't thrown off.

well the safety shutoff is there so people dont over fill their cars while not paying attention lol. mostly while trying to show everyone else they have an iphone.

your log parameters seem pretty normal to me, especially at stock.
as far as the knock retard... that does seem a bit odd, next pull you log try to go at WOT and see what happens then. if the same, id be concerned.

I was WOT in 1st and 2nd, as I got up to freeway speed I was backing off a bit, and by the time I was in 4th I was watching traffic and looking around. I'm not completely sure that I was WOT when the knocks happened because of that unfortunately, but if I wasn't I was close. I'll have to give it another try and see if I can reproduce this, though coming up the onramp at 80 isn't exactly the best thing to do. :)

haha, i hit 90 going up an onramp last night...
freakin 3 lane ramp rolls into 1 to merge on the freeway.
both left and cnter lane were clogged with slow ass vehicles and i was in a hurry!

i was in the left most turn lane onto the on ramp... swiped myself all the way to the far right lane and went WOT. HAHA, flew by everyone as i was going up hill. hit 90 before i realized it... eek! that was fun, i definitly slowed back down to 75/80... already have an open ticket. lolz

Back