Dashhawk data

Z-Indy

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 Black
I'm a noob to this stuff. I just got a dashhawk recently, and I did a quick datalog and the data seems a little funny based on what I've been reading about what is good to see and what is potentially bad.

I'd appreciate anybody's cmments on this. I'm attaching the graph from the pull.

Things I noticed:

1. I got .7 KR right as I began to accerate hard. Not sure why. Cool morning, car was up to temp, everything seemed fine.

2. AFR dropped into the mid 9's during the acceleration. From what I have read it sounds like you don't want it getting that lean...

Attachments

• pull.jpg
    pull.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 139
Actually, your AFR's don't look to dip much below 10 at all. 10's are good....that's what you want. But that's also rich, not lean. I wouldn't worry to much about the KR unless it happens consistently. I had that happen to me once.........once. Hasnt happened again and the car runs fine. Just keep an eye on it.

From what I've read, it's common to get KR when you make rapid throttle transitions, like when you go wot. I usually get .4 - .7 somewhere between 3500 and 4000 rpm with my stock ecu and aftermarket intake.

Actually, your AFR's don't look to dip much below 10 at all. 10's are good....that's what you want. But that's also rich, not lean. I wouldn't worry to much about the KR unless it happens consistently. I had that happen to me once.........once. Hasnt happened again and the car runs fine. Just keep an eye on it.
Hey, been dealing with the house I closed wed after 3 months of crap

How is the pedal??

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate all the info.

Did a quick 3rd gear pull from 3000 to just over 6000 this morning. No KR, Fuel pressure >1600 the whole time during acceleration. Boost holding pretty steady in the upper 15's until gradually falling off as revs got over 5K.

So for stock tune, stock BPV, etc. boost should be about 15-16?

What are the proper values for AFR on the high and low end?

I don't know what the afr's should be throughout the entire range, but at idle and below 3k I think it should be 14's or 13's; then in boost should be 10's. Without a tune, mine runs mid to high 14's when not in boost, and low 11's to low 10's in boost. If the car is completely stock, then yes, boost should be 15/16. That's actually pretty good that your fp is holding 1600psi all the way to 6k. Mine drops off around 5k-5500.

Back