2007~2015 CX-9 sunroof drain maintenance question

avidien

Contributor
:
2013 CX-9 Touring
I tried to locate the two front drains in the sunroof just to make sure they weren't clogged
and cause damage to the BCM (Body Control Module) located by the driver side pillar.

There wasn't any signs of stagnant water in the sunroof tray so I assumed everything was working fine.

The only openings that I can locate in the sunroof drain are on the frontmost sides where the red straw
of my compressed air had access down a channel.

can anyone confirm this please ? and if anyone knows where the drain exits on the undercarriage,
I would greatly appreciate a picture.

thanks in advance!

from the diagram, it looks like there's a plastic drain plug/filter that may trap debris by the front wheel wells that need to be checked also

Last edited:
Thanks for following up on this avidien! You rocking a meteor gray mica CX-9 as well?

Sorry for resurrecting an old forum post. I just experienced this issue for the first time in my 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring as well. I have attempted to clear out the sunroof drain on the drivers side but I can't seem to find where the drain comes out in the wheel well. Is it visible without taking any trim off? Also, you indicated in your original post that there was potentially a drain plug/filter. Are you able to remove this drain plug to clear debris without any disassembly of the wheel well or trim? Thank you in advance!

Back