CX-9 Cross Bar and Roof Rack question

Just my opinion about this kind of aftermarket parts. No name brands are questionable at best. If it breaks, your load will be your lability. I'd spend more and know my loads are secured.

Do you need the roof rails? If so, you need the package like this. None of us know if the quality is acceptable. I've had a roof rack blow off the roof while driving years ago on a different car. It ain't fun.

I found the reason for all the goofy product brand names...they get approved by the U.S. trademark office much more rapidly than a brand name that might sound like something known and needs more, lengthier research. A name like "Snixwoo" will sail through--it isn't close to anything else.

I bought cross bars from Ebay before I was able to find an OEM setup. The Ebay cross bars did not fit and were not even close to OEM quality. I eventually got my money back but it was not worth my time. The OEM cross bars fit perfectly and I use the ski rack several times a week.

Do you need the roof rails? If so, you need the package like this. None of us know if the quality is acceptable. I've had a roof rack blow off the roof while driving years ago on a different car. It ain't fun.

I found the reason for all the goofy product brand names...they get approved by the U.S. trademark office much more rapidly than a brand name that might sound like something known and needs more, lengthier research. A name like "Snixwoo" will sail through--it isn't close to anything else.
thanks for your advice,but i need the bar's generality,This will save me a lot of money

I'm very happy with the Thule Aeroblade Roof Rack Bars I bought off Amazon.

I'd not buy a generic amazon part with just a single review.

I bought Thule rather than OEM as I suspect I'll be able to re-use the 47 inch bars on my text car. I'd bought OEM bars for my last car (BMW) and was not able to use them on any other cars.

Thanks all for the advice, I bought it, These came fully assembled and excellent quality, I like the aero design of the crossbars, I installed both in under 2 hours, I’ll try to add pictures. These cross bars are equal in quality to OEM crossbars, If you need crossbars for your CX9 these are it.

e5bb9a7d-80d2-4df2-8705-1b6824c136aa.jpg

That looks good. May I ask did you buy all 4 pieces. The rails and the bars? Or just the bars?

Thanks all for the advice, I bought it, These came fully assembled and excellent quality, I like the aero design of the crossbars, I installed both in under 2 hours, I’ll try to add pictures. These cross bars are equal in quality to OEM crossbars, If you need crossbars for your CX9 these are it.

View attachment 306431
Could you share the link please I’m also looking for some good cross bars

I was reading how those odd ball brand names show up on Amazon. It apparently takes the copyright office much shorter time to search for the odd names to be sure it isn't close to a copyrighted brand name, thus the copyright for the new odd name is granted quite soon.

Yesterday, items were researched, parts located and ordered from junkyard...
Today, new forum post (hi everyone 🖐)
Tomorrow shipping, expected delivery probably by end of month.

(internal monologue as follows)

There's plenty of time to figure this out...I'm sure it's been done, pretty sure?
...Hello 2010? Ya this is 2022 calling, I've got 2018 on the line too and we have some questions!

Am I about to do the unthinkable?
...I have yet to actually find any evidence to confirm nor deny this is a "terrible" idea...
...the Forums will know, there's still enough time in the zoomatrix to find the Oracle CX9!

Have I literally donated my money to the alter of the Great Dismantler...or just simply gone daffy?
...Oh Saints of the 6mm T-nut, patrons of the # 0000-8L-NOway parts departments...guide me!

Will the OEM gen1 luggage-rack-gutter-groove-side-rails <actually> bolt up to the roof of a gen2 ?
...Ready the Torx Drives and Damn the Aftermarkets!!

To be continued...

1650593463681.jpeg

😅 yep, let's see what happens...I'll document & post the project if there's anything clever and forum worthy during the mod. process.
Obviously this is a total crap-shoot, but seriously, has anyone ever even attempted to cross fit or modify any of the parts b/w gen 1 & 2 luggage rack systems? I haven't found any documentation against it, looking forward to hearing & sharing more...meanwhile, enjoy your drive!!

.....has anyone ever even attempted to cross fit or modify any of the parts b/w gen 1 & 2 luggage rack systems?
Being that you can't really modify them (without making them look like crap), they will either fit or won't. There is a slight width difference between generations (76.2" on gen 1 vs 77.5" on gen 2), so the bars you are getting might be a tad too short. Will be interesting to see.

I haven't found any documentation against it,
And no documentation for? ;)

Last edited:
Being that you can't really modify them (without making them look like crap), they will either fit or won't. There is a slight width difference between generations (76.2" on gen 1 vs 77.5" on gen 2), so the bars you are getting might be a tad too short. Will be interesting to see.

And no documentation for? ;)
In the spirit of modifications, I hope to create some documentation on what my process will be if this is possible. Although the wheel base dimensions are different between generations, I’m curious what the linear measurements are on the Gen 1 side rail mounting points. I’ll find out once the parts arrive and figure out my course of action…Width isn’t so much an issue, as I’ll likely fabricate the cross bars, or whatever I need to use an aftermarket kit. This will indeed be an interesting one.
Thanks!

Back