2016~2023 CX-9 Chrome Delete methods?

Hello i’m New in this Forum, what you guys think abt Chrome Delete. Saw a cx5 carbon edition with all black and looks amazing
specially on polymetal gray.
How you recomend me to do that? Plasti dip or vinyl?
Thank you hope somebody read this.

Attachments

• IMG_0606.jpeg
    IMG_0606.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0782.jpeg
    IMG_0782.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I did a chrome delete on my 2019 GT. Used a combination of vinyl wrap and Hyperdip (improved plastidip). It was a long process and a steep learning curve, but I saved over $1000 from what a shop quoted me and now I can redo any areas that start to deteriorate.

IMG_6259.jpeg
IMG_6257.jpeg
IMG_6256.jpeg

I did a chrome delete on my 2019 GT. Used a combination of vinyl wrap and Hyperdip (improved plastidip). It was a long process and a steep learning curve, but I saved over $1000 from what a shop quoted me and now I can redo any areas that start to deteriorate.

This looks really good!

I don't think I ever asked, but which parts did you use Hyperdip on? Just the emblems? The front lower chrome strip on my car has some pitting from daily driving, so wrapping that portion probably wouldn't look great.

@Hyperlite, I agree with @sm1ke, that turned out great. Which vinyl did you use and what is the finish? My wife wants me to black out the emblems and the hockey sticks (rear window trim) on her CX-50. I have the Hyperdip on hand from when I used it on the emblems of my MX-5 but would rather do vinyl for the window trim. I am looking for a gloss finish to match the Hyperdip and wheels.

Thanks guys! I used Hyperdip on the rear emblems and horizontal grille bars (too intricate to wrap), and Vvivid gloss black vinyl on everything else. Combination of 4” rolls and larger square pieces.

Definitely lots of doing and redoing, but happy with the final product. @sm1ke yes that lower part definitely takes some hits. I’ve actually been using a sharpie to touch up small chips in the vinyl, and eventually I’ll redo it if it gets too bad.

Back