CX-70 will have same exterior dimensions as CX-90

Everyone call your shot!

My final prediction: CX-70 will have the wheelbase of the CX-60 but with a longer rear overhang, therefore longer overall length. Width will be same as the CX-90.

I don't want to derail this thread but just saying that towing capacities are all over the place... The new 2024 Crosstrek Wilderness with a 182HP engine can tow 3500 pounds while the Murano with a 260HP V6 can only tow 1500! There is also a version of the RAV4 that can tow 3500 but none of the models I described are plugin hybrids. I don't need to tow anything but just curious to know what the CX-70 can pull vs a CX-5 and a CX-90. Only a few days left before we find out :unsure:
I would think towing capacity will likely be similar to the CX-90: 3,500-5,000 depending on drivetrain. One reason a friend preferred to just purchase the X5 because it can tow 6,600lb.

A reason for the variability is there are lots of drivetrain and structural that need to be more substantial to tow. That adds lots of weight and cost and hurts gas mileage. I know a $50,000 Acura RDX has a 1,500lb limit. A GV80 can tow 6,000lb, but a GV70 can only tow 3,500lbs and they both come with the same motors. The logic is the GV70 is a drivers car and the 80 more a family/hauler type vehicle. I personally don't tow and would rather the CX-70 be smaller, lower and lighter than the CX-90 like the GV70 is the GV80.

Last edited:
Honestly, I find it odd that there is so limited web chatter about the CX70. That makes me think it is going to be very, very similar to the CX-90. Just a two row CX-90 with slightly different shape (by bumpers and maybe hatch, etc) but with a sportier drive.

I am prepared to see a wider, 2-row CX80 with soft-roading ambitions on the 30th. All the info. to date seems to line up to this being what it's going to look like.

1706357644122.png

I think what gazelle meant is that the “spied CX-80 shot is a CX-90.
No idea what the spied one is, but it's definitely a CX-90 look-alike
Suggesting that CX-70 is going to look like that is suggesting it's going to be a CX-90
But I hope it's going to be different, light and super fast. I want a 350hp CX-5.

No idea what the spied one is, but it's definitely a CX-90 look-alike
Suggesting that CX-70 is going to look like that is suggesting it's going to be a CX-90
But I hope it's going to be different, light and super fast. I want a 350hp CX-5.
If we could get that tubo inline 6 in a CX-5 or CX-50 I would certainly consider it. And with 2 or 3 years work, that thing could pump out 400hp...it is 3.3L for heavens sake. Though I suspect they would go the 2.5T rout and develop and tune it for more torque.

We will know who is right tomorrow... 01/30, reveal of CX-70.

The inline6 won't fit into the small CX-5 engine bay.

We will know who is right tomorrow... 01/30, reveal of CX-70.

The inline6 won't fit into the small CX-5 engine bay.
I'm cautiously optimistic I will be buying a BWM X5. I have little faith that Mazda has actually figured out The U.S. market. The negative is money. The positive is I had intended to add a M340 to it so I will have 2 vehicles my wife can drive (automatics) that operate similarly. Downside is they have been putting lots of functions in menus instead of buttons where they belong.

I'm cautiously optimistic I will be buying a BWM X5. I have little faith that Mazda has actually figured out The U.S. market. The negative is money. The positive is I had intended to add a M340 to it so I will have 2 vehicles my wife can drive (automatics) that operate similarly. Downside is they have been putting lots of functions in menus instead of buttons where they belong.
You will not be disappointed with anything they offer the B58 in. I’m on year two of my X3 M40i and I still enjoy EVERY time I drive.

I like the new front bumper. Will be interesting to see if it is actually the same length. Only a few hours left for the reveal.

Donno what to say, it looks slightly better on the front end however the size definitely its a cx90 size which is extremely disappointing. Some very questioning decisions for Mazda when it comes to the SUV lineup.

Back